Boardman is part of Morrow County and is located along the Columbia River and Interstate 84. You will find it by traveling east on Interstate 84 from Portland.
Interstate 84 literally splits the town of Boardman. It is accessible from either direction (east or west). The main mode of transportation is by car/truck. Leisure transportation can include horseback riding or even atv's. The union pacific railroad runs just along the outskirts of the town however, there is not a bus station. However, there is a bus stop in the heart of the town. Boardman has a regional airport which does not include commercial flights.
See and doEdit
The Boardman Marina Park is perhaps the largest attraction that the town of Boardman has to offer. It is along the Columbia River and you can camp along the waters of the Columbia and enjoy beautiful sunsets. During the summer these waters are full of life. It is not uncommon to see many people boating, jet skiing or wakeboarding. Also, Boardman hosts a couple of fishing tournaments every year.
There are many paved walking and biking trails along the river's edge. Also, there is a playground area for children, and a specified swimming area.
There are 2 softball fields, a basketball court and several horseshoe pits. Boardman is probably most known for it annual Fourth of July festivities. People from many surrounding towns come to join the festivities. The day usually starts with an early morning marathon, continues with a parade, and ends with a beautiful firework show. There are many other activities throughout the day including a lip-sync contest and the annual softball tournament.
The Boardman Willow Run Golf Course is a great place to relax on a nice sunny day. Also, with so much wildlife area surrounding it, Boardman is a great place to go on horseback rides.
- C & D Drive In and Bakery, 101 Northeast Boardman Ave, ☏ .
- Poppy's Take & Bake Pizza, 101 Northeast Boardman Ave, ☏ .
- Macario's, 302 Olson Rd, ☏ . Mexican.
- Taqueria Apatzingan, ☏ .
- Lynard's Spud Cellar, 102 Northwest Boardman Ave, ☏ .
- Burnt Field Brewing, 1 E Marine Dr, ☏ . 11:37AM-8PM, daily. Craft beer and pizza baked in a double brick oven. It's inside Boardman's 1916 train depot, and has a patio with a view of the Columbia River.
- Boardman Parks & Recreation District, 203 Marine Dr, ☏ .
- Dodge City Inn, 100 1st Northwest, ☏ . Also has a bar and restaurant.
- Driftwood Rv Resort & Campground, 800 West Kunze Ln, ☏ .
- Rodeway Inn, 105 Front St, ☏ .
- M J's Motel, 302 Northwest Boardman Ave, ☏ .
- River Lodge and Grill, 6 Marine Dr, toll-free: . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. A full-service hotel on the Columbia River and features spacious accommodations, an on-site restaurant and ample amenities.
- Riverview Motel, 200 Front Northeast, ☏ .
|Routes through Boardman|
|The Dalles ← Jct N S ←||W E||→ Hermiston → Boise|