city in and county seat of Wasco County, Oregon, Unite States
The Dalles is located at the intersection of Interstate 84 (which follows the Columbia River) and US Route 197 which heads south from the Dalles to meet US Route 97.
- 1 Fort Dalles Museum, 500 W 15th St (at Garrison St), ☏ . Old military artifacts and medical equipment.
- 2 The Dalles Dam, ☏ . A hydroelectric dam, which produces enough electricity to serve a city the size of Seattle. Tour and Visitor's Center.
- 3 Columbia Hills State Park (On Washington State Route 14 at milepost 85, 9 miles west of Wishram, WA), ☏ . 06:30 h to dusk, April 1 - October 31. A Washington state park on the Columbia River's north bank, under Horsethief Butte. A short ways north-east of The Dalles. Previously known as Horsethief Falls State Park.
- 4 Columbia Gorge Discovery Center & Museum, 5000 Discovery Dr, ☏ . Daily 9AM-5PM. General $9, Seniors $7, Ages 6-16 $5, Ages 5 & under free.
- 5 Old St. Peter's Landmark, 405 Lincoln St, ☏ . A former Catholic church built in Gothic Revival style, and saved from demolition in 1971.
- National Neon Sign Museum, 200 E 3rd St, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Red Wagon, ☏ . place to buy stuff really cool.
|Routes through The Dalles|
|Portland ← Hood River ←||W E||→ Jct N S → Boardman → Boise|
|END ← Jct W ←||N S||→ Dufur → Madras via|