Other destinations edit
Each townlet and village on the Brač island has its own dialect but many people speak English, German or Italian, especially if working in tourism.
Get in edit
Get around edit
By bus edit
All the major destinations on the island are covered by the bus services run by Arriva Croatia company.
By car edit
In almost every place, it is possible to rent cars, scooters also quads and bicycles to explore the island.
- 1 Pustinja Blaca (Blaca hermitage) (Either by car to Dragovoda then hike down the path or by boat to Uvala Blaca then hike up the rather steep hill). Tu-Su 08:00-17:00. A former monastery originating from 1551, now a museum run by two brothers. In the 2007 the hermitage was included in the UNESCO World Heritage Tentative List. guided tour €5.50.
- 2 Vidova gora. It is the highest mountain of all Adriatic islands. It has a great view to the Zlatni Rat beach, place Bol and islands Hvar and Vis.
- Recommend to visit Dragon's cave near village Murvica on the south side of island.
- Dominican monastery in Bol has a great collection prehistoric items, amphoras and numismatic collection.
- Museum of the island in the village Škrip.
Visit many pebble beaches and private coves, diving, kitesurfing and windsurfing in Bol.
Try Brač dishes of domestic lamb (vitalac) and famous Brač cheese.
Brač is famous for its wines, the most famous is Bolski Plavac. Spirits made of grapes with herbs.