Milna is a small town on the island of Brac in Croatia, founded at the turn of the 17th century, on the northwest side of the island. The welcoming bays of Milna have always been favorite port to sailors sailing through the Middle Adriatic. Milna is still reputed as the most beautiful and the safest harbor of Brač.
Get in edit
Buses run several times a day from Supetar, the village where the ferry docks. Unfortunately, they stop in the late afternoon or early evening -- even in summer!, so you must rent a scooter or car, or take a taxi.
A car or boat rental will let you explore the island and reach idyllic beaches.
By boat edit
The ferries to the island are operated by Jadrolinija and Krilo Shipping Company. While there is no car ferry directly to Milna, car ferries arrive to Supetar from Split and to Sumartin from Makarska.
Additionally, a passenger catamaran connects Milna with Split, Vis, Solta and Hvar (one connection daily in the main summer season). All ferry line are listed on RAFT Croatia[dead link] ferry platform.
Get around edit
As Milna is a rather small place, you can walk everywhere on foot. For more distant trips it is possible to rent a car, a scooter or a mountain bike:
- [dead link] Car rental eRentaCar, Milna, Riva bb, ☏ . During the main tourist season in summer it is recommended to book in advance.
A small old town with the harbor, which is quite big for a town that small. Lots of stone. The harbor is also where it is where all is happening.
- Relax at the harbor
- Go to nearby beaches. It is worth walking for the beach out of town, beyond the Marina. It is also possible to relax in the shadow of pine trees there. Further on, where the dirt road replaces the asphalt one, the beach becomes more rocky and wild. Nice beaches are also south of Milna, for example in 1 Osibova bay.
- Hike or cycle along the shore or inland on small roads between the olive groves
- Visit the small galleries
- Walk through the old streets of this village
- Take beautiful photos of old stone houses, sky and sea
- Listen to music on summer evenings
- Large international 2 marina attracts boaters.
Vino, port wine, Karlovacko, fresh fish and the best cafe lattes East of Italy! Fresh produce market daily. Home made wine and brandy.
- 1 Restaurant Plaza. 8:00-23:00. As a part of the Illyrian apartment resort, the restaurant's terrace is located directly at the beach shaded by a pine forest. Breakfasts, lunches and dinners in the Mediterranean style (including tasty pizza) are offered by friendly staff.
For renting of a local apartments you can contact the local tourist information or some of the locals rent out their apartments in the summer.
- Serenity Retreat. Glorious harbor views from gorgeous stone apartments on hill in old town; terraces; barbeque; garden. 30 seconds from the harbour. Milna-born host.
- Villa Arc, Racić 6 (on the waterfront), ☏ , email@example.com. Check-in: 17:00, check-out: 10:00. Fully equipped kitchen, living room with comfortable seating, and dining area. The villa is air-conditioned, has Wi-Fi, a private pool, a large outdoor area with lounge chairs.