city and county seat of Kinney County, Texas, United States
Get in Edit
The nearest airport is Del Rio International Airport, about 30 miles to the west in Del Rio.
Get around Edit
It is necessary to have a car here.
- A total solar eclipse on Monday 8 April 2024 starts at 1:28PM local time and lasts 4 min. Chances of a clear sky are 50%. The track of totality is northeast from Mexico to enter the US at Del Rio then through Texas into Arkansas.
- Alamo Village, Texas Route 674 (7 miles north of town), ☏ . Built for the John Wayne movie The Alamo, this movie set has been used for hundreds of movies and television productions, making it the most active movie set in the state. The set is the most complete Western set in the US, with no façades - you can walk into 18 of the buildings. Tours $10.75.
- Fort Clark Springs, ☏ . Once a US Cavalry post, Fort Clark is now on the grounds of a 2,200-acre retirement community. Many historic buildings dating back as far as the 1860s still remain. The grounds also have an 18-hole golf course and a natural swimming pool. Lodging is available at an on-site hotel which used to be a barracks.
- Old Guardhouse Museum (Fort Clark Museum), 152 McClernand Rd (on Fort Clark grounds), ☏ . Sa-Su 1PM-4PM. Exhibits on local history and pioneer artifacts. Free.
- Alibi Lounge Bar and Grill, 1270 E US Highway 90, ☏ .
- Brackett Burger & Shake, 401 E Military, ☏ .
- Julie's Place, 612 W Military Hwy 90, ☏ .
- Little House Grill, 304 E Military Hwy, ☏ . Breakfast and tacos and burgers for lunch.
- Fort Clark Springs Motel, Hwy 90, ☏ . Lodging in a historic fort barracks.
- Fort Clark RV Park and Campgrounds, ☏ .
Go next Edit
|Routes through Brackettville|
|Van Horn ← Del Rio ←||W E||→ Uvalde → San Antonio|