city in and the county seat of Uvalde County, Texas
Get in Edit
Get around Edit
- A total solar eclipse on Monday 8 April 2024 starts at 1:29PM local time and lasts 4 min. Chances of a clear sky are 50%. The track of totality is northeast from Mexico to enter the US at Del Rio then through Texas into Arkansas.
- Fort Inge (1.5 miles south of town on FM 140). This 1849 US Cavalry post is located in a large park with hiking trails.
- Janey Slaughter Briscoe Opera House, 104 West North. St, ☏ . Restored 1891 Grand Opera House.
- John Nance Garner House (Briscoe-Garner Museum), 333 N Park St, ☏ . Home of former U.S. Vice President John Nance Garner and a National Historic Landmark.
- Antiques On the Square, 103 N West St, ☏ .
- Opera House Antiques, 100 W North St, ☏ .
- Uvalde Golden Dragon Fast Food, 2002 E Main St, ☏ .
- Jack's Steak House, 2500 E Main St, ☏ .
- Lunkers Grill, 810 E Main St, ☏ .
- Sunrise Restaurant, 510 W Main St, ☏ .
- Town House Restaurant, 2105 E Main St, ☏ .
- Inn of Uvalde, 810 E Main St, ☏ .
- Days Inn, 920 E Main St, ☏ .
Go next Edit
- Garner State Park is about 30 miles north on highway 83, a nice place to relax and enjoy nature.
|Routes through Uvalde|
|Childress ← Abilene ←||N S||→ Carrizo Springs → Laredo|
|Del Rio ← Brackettville ←||W E||→ Sabinal → San Antonio|