Brass is a town in Bayelsa State, Nigeria. It is a popular town in Bayelsa state owing to the heavy presence of natural resources in the town which has contributed largely to the development of the area. According to the 2006 population census conducted in Nigeria, the Brass town recorded over 185,000 population count as well as an area total of 1,404 km2 (542 sq mi). The most common occupation in Brass is Farming and Fishing, as the Brass residents are generally known for planting crops and doing a lot of fishing-related activities.
- Bayelsa Airport, Wilberforce Island, Amassama, Yenogoa. International airport in Bayelsa state
Fastest way to get into Brass is via the international airport in Bayelsa, after which you can get a bus or cab (taxi) to take you into Brass.
- Another way to get into Brass is by bus, this is the most popular method as it is way cheaper than flight, there are a lot of transport services spread round about the country that offers transportation services to Brass in Bayelsa State. The most popular ones are:
- God is good motors: Popular 12-seater bus with air-conditioner to make the journey more comfortable, you can also book a seat online and also apply for pick up, which means the bus comes to your preferred location to pick you up and it can bring you into Brass.
Other options are:
- GUO Transport: Another very good option
- LIBMOT (Libra Motors)
- Okpoama Beach. A very beautiful Atlantic ocean beach.
- Old consulate buildings. This building was in use during and before the end of the colonial regime in Nigeria in 1960. It is a nice tourists attraction for tourist to see a building as old as that.
The town is widely known for having a large deposit of crude oil and natural gas, tourists can go around to Brass and appreciate the natural resources evident there.
- Agip Oil Company, Twon-Brass. Agip Oil Company has a terminal here and it is a cool place to visit and also learn how oil and natural gas are being produced and explored
- Jetty Market - Twon Brass. Local market on the island with affordable sea foods for sale.
- Liama Market. General Market in Brass area.
- Inkot Finish Farming, No 6 Agada-Ama Okpoama, ☏ +234 816 313 3306. Farmers' market in Brass
- Beauty Super Market, Sambo Ama Road, ☏ +234 703 078 6575. A grocery store
- Godswill & Favour Restaurant. Restaurant
- Ella's Fast Food And Restaurant, Sambo Ama Road. Good for all kind of local food and continental dishes, local dishes such as Eba, Fufu, Pepper soup, Rice, etc are sold.
- Mon-Ami Fastfood. For all your fast food.
- Brass Island, Sambo Ama Road, ☏ +234 813 597 1163. A bar to go to drink.
- 1 Miti Soki Hotels, Agip Gate Rd. A good hotel to sleep with good reviews.
- 2 Blessvera Guest House, Brass gate, Twon. Guest house to sleep
- 3 Edmons Hotel and T Club & Bar, Shidi Ama Rd, ☏ +234 811 257 4323. Hotel, bar and restaurant, all in one.