South South Nigeria is a region of Nigeria composed of the following states: Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Cross River, Delta, Edo, and Rivers.
- 1 Agbarho — centre of the Agbarho kingdom, and home of the Urhobo tribes
- 2 Benin City — one of the oldest cities in Nigeria, dating back to pre-colonial times
- 3 Calabar — a charming city that is one of the oldest trading centres in Nigeria
- 4 Port Harcourt — a gulf city that is the centre for the oil industry in the country
- 5 Uyo
- 6 Warri — a major city for crude oil industry
- 7 Yenagoa
This is where the oil wealth of Nigeria originates, which has led to environmental degradation of its extreme south in the mangroves, rivers, and swamps facing the Atlantic.