Ukhun is in South South Nigeria.
Ukhun is located in the Plateau region of Esan Land in Edo Central Senatorial District of Edo State, Nigeria.
- Benin Airport (IATA BNI) (a taxi from Benin Airport). A local airport about 151.2KM from Ukhun.
A taxi would do just fine to move around the town.
- Itio-Ukhun, Along Ukhun-Idoa Road, Ukhun (a bike or taxi drive from Ukhun Junction at Ekpoma). Itio-Ukhun is an ancient settlement of the Ukhun people before the advent of Wars which forced them to relocate to their current location.
A shrine (called Ekhuan) exists in this place that has been in existence from time immemorial. A mystical python is said to exist within the shrine in a deep well surrounded by clay pots. The shrine only reveals itself to whoever it pleases - a person who has not committed grave sins.
It's forbidden for one who has had sex overnight to visit the shrine. Before entering the premises of the shrine visitors are expected to rub their hands with native chalk (Ére) signifying purity before being admitted to the premises.
- Orosun warm spring, Uwen-Ogbeta, Ukhun (by foot). A warm spring with a cave and serene forest.
- Oghodekpe River, Ukhun (by foot from Ukhun Town). A mystical river that only rises above sea level during the Dry Season and drops below sea level during the rainy season.
A visit to Dam located at a border town with Erah and the prospect of fishing.
- Ukhun Market, Along Ukhun-Idoa Road, Ukhun (A car/bike ride from Ukhun Junction at Ekpoma or Idoa, Ewu is also available.). NGN 500 - 10000.
- 1 Supreme Hotels, Ukhun Road, Ekpoma. A nice hospitality outfit that offers a swimming pool, Karaoke night, contemporary Nigeria dishes, bar, business centre. It takes about five minutes drive to Ukhun town.
You would most likely find a reliable coverage of the 2G/3G/4G mobile networks in some locations in Ukhun. Signal strength is relatively adequate in the town, and you are likely to experience network outage for any of the mobile phone service providers in any of the areas of the town. Bear in mind that different networks tend to be more stable and reliable at the hillside, though all will almost perform satisfactory well in any location. GLO and Airtel performs better in this location. Though, MTN is relatively strong as well.