Via Interstate 35E and President George Bush Turnpike.
Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART). Three relatively new Green line stations connecting to downtown Dallas have opened up, with one right in Old Town (downtown). North Carrollton is the terminal ending for the green line heading north. The Denton County Transportation Authority (DCTA) rail line connects to downtown Denton up north.
The easiest way to get around is by car. Carrollton is also part of Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART), which has a fairly decent amount of bus routes. The buses are considered clean and safe. The majority of citizens do not use mass transit, and they would not be able to tell you how to get somewhere by bus. Uber and Lyft ride sharing services are available in the area. Carrollton also has a large network of hike and bike paths to get around the general area.
- 1 Sandy Lake Amusement Park. - located in Carrollton
- 2 Russian Banya, 2515 E Rosemeade Pkwy (NW corner of Rosemeade Pkwy and Marsh Ln. DART Bus #534.), ☏ . Tue-Fri 12pm-10pm, Sat-Sun 10am-10pm. A traditional Russian banya (sauna). This is basically the only one of its kind in area. The sauna provides a consistent "wet heat". Along with the sauna there is a traditional Finnish sauna for a "dry heat", a Turkish steam room, an authentic Russian restaurant, venik massages, an ice-cold plunge pool, and cleansing showers for a complete relaxation experience.
- 3 Spa Castle, 1020 Raiford Rd (At Old Denton and Raiford Rd. DART Bus #531), ☏ . Open 24 hours. Upscale Asian spa resort offering hot tubs, steam room, several types of dry saunas, outdoor pool, lounge area, restaurant and hotel. Massage services also available.
- 4 City Night KTV (City Night Cafe & KTV), 2528 Old Denton Rd #150 (SE corner of Old Denton Rd and Trinity Mill. In lot behind 99 Ranch Market.. DART Bus #536), ☏ . Every day 5pm - 2am. Karaoke system with individual rooms. Their system supports English, Chinese, Korean and Japanese. Their library has over 160,000 songs which are periodically updated. Full service bar also available.
- 1 Blooms Candy & Soda Pop Shop, 1106 W Main St (On Main between Broadway and Elm. DART Bus #400, Green Line Downtown Carrollton Station), ☏ . Monday - Wednesday 10:00 AM - 8ish. Thursday - Saturday 10:00 AM - 9ish Sunday 11:00 AM - 8ish. Whimsical, retro candy & soda store with a huge selection that includes taffy, bulk sweets & gifts.
- 2 Kinokuniya Bookstore, 2540 Old Denton Rd #114 (SE corner of Old Denton Rd and Trinity Mills. DART Bus #536), ☏ . Every day 11am - 8pm. Japanese-based retailer known for its collection of Asian books & magazines, plus DVDs & stationery. Browse a wide variety of anime books, toys, and Studio Ghibli merchandise.
- 1 Sid's Rainbow Grill, 1107 South Broadway (On Broadway St. between Main St and 4th Ave. DART Bus #400, Green Line Downtown Carrollton Station), ☏ . Monday - Friday 11AM-2PM, Saturday 11AM-2:30PM. A small diner located in Old Downtown Carrollton. They have a wide variety of burgers and sandwiches, coupled with a lot of deep-fried finger foods. Shakes, ice-cream floats, ice cream sodas, pies, and cookies for dessert. The restaurant has a wacky rainbow theme.
- 2 Gang Jung Chicken Cafe, 2680 Old Denton Rd (SE corner of Old Denton Rd and Raiford Rd. DART Bus #536), ☏ . Monday - Thursday 11am - 10pm. Friday - Saturday 11am - 12am Midnight. Sunday 12:00pm Noon - 10pm. Modern counter-serve joint specializing in Korean fried chicken with an eclectic variety of sauces. Not to be confused with GangNam Sushi House next door.
- 3 Hanabi Ramen & Izakaya, 2540 Old Denton Rd #120 (SE corner of Old Denton Rd and Trinity Mills. DART Bus #536), ☏ . Sun, Mon, Wed, Thurs 11:00am - 2:30pm, 5:00pm - 10:00pm. Fri - Sat 11:00am - 2:30pm, 5:00pm - 11:00pm. Closed on Tuesday. Popular restaurant serving traditional ramen soups & Japanese small plates in a cozy, wood interior. The place is always busy, but you will almost always find a place to sit.
- 4 Babe's Chicken Dinner House, 1006 West Main St (DART Bus #400, Green Line Downtown Carrollton Station), ☏ . Monday-Friday Lunch - 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Dinner - 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday & Sunday All Day 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.. Unique family style fried chicken and country fried steak. The place is normally very busy and there is usually a wait.
- 5 GangNam Sushi House, 2680 Old Denton Rd (SE corner of Old Denton Rd and Raiford Rd. DART Bus #536), ☏ , ✉ Gangnam@gangnamsushihouse.com. Mon-Thur : 11am - 10:00pm Fri - Sat : 11pm - 11:00pm Sunday : 12pm - 10:00pm. Upscale contemporary Japanese restaurant, serving tasty and unique sushi. Not to be confused with Gang Jung Chicken Cafe next door.
- 1 Kung Fu Tea, 2540 Old Denton Rd #122 (SE corner of Old Denton Rd and Trinity Mills. DART Bus #536), ☏ . Every day 11am - 10pm. Bubble tea specialist with a selection of other hot & cold drinks, including coffee & slushes.
- 2 Caffebene, 1016 W Trinity Mills Rd #100 (NW corner of Old Denton Rd and Trinity Mills Rd in the long thin building facing the freeway. DART Bus #536), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Mon - Sat: 8:00 am - 10:00 pm. Sun: 10:00 am - 10:00 pm. Coffeehouse chain with a relaxed European vibe & a menu of sweet treats & sandwiches.
- 1 InTown Suites Extended Stay, 240 West Trinity Mills Road (On North side of George Bush Freeway just east of Dickerson Pkwy. DART Bus #534, #536), ☏ . Extended stay hotel. Seven night minimum. Rooms with kitchen available. WiFi available. Guest laundry facility. Within walking distance of Furneaux Creek Village shopping center including many Korean restaurants, bars, and H-Mart grocery store.
- 2 Rodeway Inn, 1832 North I - 35 E. (Interstate 35E at Luna Rd. No convenient nearby DART Bus stop.), ☏ . Casual rooms, some with whirlpool tubs, in a hotel offering a fitness room & free breakfast.
- 3 Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Carrollton, 1201 Raiford Rd (Corner of Trinity Mills and Raiford Rd. DART Bus #531), ☏ . With 145 spacious guest rooms, The Bistro - "Eat, Drink & Connect", a new state-of-the-art lobby, complimentary Wi-Fi and first-rate service. On-site Starbucks. Other amenities include a fitness center, outdoor swimming pool and 24-hour food market.
Carrollton is a mostly residential community, and considered a relatively safe place to be even at night. Obviously you should take care and be aware when walking alone outside at night, however should the need arise the Carrollton police are polite and plentiful.
Take I-35 north about 20 miles to Denton, which is home to both the University of North Texas and Texas Women's University. There is a lively music scene, centered around the old courthouse square downtown, which is surrounded by restaurants, some bars, and several shops. Easy parking.
|Routes through Carrollton|
|Oklahoma City ← Lewisville ←||N S||→ Dallas → Waco|