Chelsea is a city with a population of 41,000 (2020).
Get in edit
By public transit edit
Take the Orange MBTA line to Sullivan Square station. Outside the station catch the 104 or 109 bus lines, which will take you into the center of Everett. Other bus connections can be made from Wellington or Malden Center stations. The 110 bus can also be accessed from the Blue Line at Wonderland.
The 111 bus, one of the most frequent MBTA routes, runs from Haymarket in downtown Boston. The Silver Line SL3 is accessible form the airport and East Boston. The 112 can be taken from Wellington station and Everett, but much less frequently. From Revere the 116 and 117 run into Chelsea. The MBTA's commuter rail has a station in Chelsea.
By car edit
Everett and Chelsea are fairly compact, and have a lot of traffic congestion. For Everett, take I-93 to the Sullivan Station exit, and head onto MA-99. If you're coming from US-1, exit off to Route 99. For Chelsea, take US-1 over the heavily congested Tobin Bridge. Traffic is very heavy on the bridges coming in from East Boston, especially the Meriden street bridge. MA-16 can take you into Chelsea from points west and Route 1A from points east.
Get around edit
By car edit
Route 16 and Route 99 are major thoroughfares in Everett. Main Street is another major road, running from Malden. Broadway can be congested at times, given as Route 99 runs concurrently and many buses and businesses are along that route. Chelsea's major thoroughfares are primarily radial, somewhat disorganized, and often heavily congested.
By public transit edit
The MBTA provides bus service. Bus 97, 104, and 109 run along Broadway in the center of Everett. Bus 99, 105, and 106 run along Main Street in the west. Bus 110 and 112 run towards the east of Everett. Many bus routes can be infrequent in evenings and weekends, with the exception of bus routes 104 and 109, which runs the most frequent. The 111, 116, and 117 buses are also very frequent, and the 112 and 114 buses run throughout Chelsea.
- 1 Dempseys Muffins & Bagels II, 438 Broadway, ☏ . For the early bird, Dempsey's opens early and serves breakfast food. The place draws its regulars that begin lining up early and has the air of simpler time.
- 2 Texas Roadhouse, 31 Mystic View Road, ☏ .
- 3 [formerly dead link] Tasty Garden Restaurant, 444 Broadway, ☏ , fax: . M-W 11:30AM-9:30PM, Th-Sa 11:30AM-10:30PM, Su noon-11PM. Chinese restaurant.
- 4 Alamo Roast Beef & Seafood, 574 Broadway, ☏ .
- 1 DoubleTree by Hilton Boston Logan Airport Chelsea, 201 Everett Ave (Chelsea), ☏ .
- 2 Envision Hotel Boston-Everett, Ascend Hotel Collection, 1834 Revere Beach Pkwy, ☏ . Check-in: 4PM, check-out: 11AM.
Religious services edit
- 1 Immaculate Conception, 489 Broadway, ☏ .
- 2 [dead link] First United Parish of Everett, 460 Broadway, ☏ , email@example.com. United Methodist services.
- 3 Islamic Association of Massachusetts, 536-538 Broadway Avenue, ☏ , fax: , ImanMosque@aol.com.
- 4 Congregation Tifereth Israel, 34 Malden Street, ☏ .
- 5 First Baptist Church, 50 Church Street.
Go next edit
- Cambridge. Take bus 104 or 109 from Everett to Sullivan Square MBTA station. From Sullivan Square station take bus 86 to Harvard Square.
|Routes through Everett|
|Newton ← Medford ←||W E||→ Chelsea → Revere|
|Saugus ← Malden ←||N S||→ Charlestown → END|