suburban area in eastern Montgomery County, Maryland, United States
Colesville-Burtonsville is a suburban area in the east of Montgomery County, Maryland. Most of these neighborhoods, while not officially part of Silver Spring, consider themselves to be neighborhoods of that larger city.
- 1 National Capital Trolley Museum, 1313 Bonifant Rd, ☏ . Sa Su noon-5PM; 20 June-15 Aug: Th F 10AM-2PM, Sa Su noon-5PM. Located in Northwest Branch Park is one of suburban Maryland's best museums for kids (or transit enthusiasts), with a popular 20-minute trolley ride, which you can ride to your heart's content. $7, $5 seniors & children.
- 2 Sandy Spring Museum, 17901 Bentley Rd, Sandy Spring, ☏ . Local museum that focuses on the history of the Sandy Spring area
- 3 Sandy Spring Slave Museum, 18524 Brooke Rd, Sandy Spring, ☏ . A museum that focuses on the heritage of Black folks, from their origin in Africa, through the Middle passage, the salvation the Underground Railroad provided, the struggle for civil rights, and their accomplishments in the United States and elsewhere.
- 1 Hampshire Greens Golf Course, 616 Firestone Dr, Ashton, ☏ .
- 2 Adventure Park at Sandy Spring, 16701 Norwood Rd, Sandy Spring, ☏ . Zip lines, rope rigs, and wooden bridges in the forest. For kids and adults.
- 3 Underground Railroad Experience Trail, 16501 Norwood Rd, Sandy Spring, ☏ . Best with a guide who understands the history of the Underground Railroad history and how it ran through this area years ago.
- 1 Kabob N Karahi, 15521 New Hampshire Ave, Cloverly, ☏ . Pakistani and Indian food. Good quality. Plain surroundings.
- 2 JC Crabhouse, 13432 New Hampshire Ave, Colesville, ☏ . Casual restaurant for seafood and fish.
- 3 The Bagelry, 36 Vital Way, Colesville, ☏ . New York-style bagel shop. Fresh bagels and many choices of cream cheese.
- 1 [dead link] Buffalo Wings and Beer, 15412 New Hamsphire Ave, ☏ . M-Th 12PM-1AM, F-Sa 1PM-2AM. This spot is one of the few family-friendly places that still provide entertainment for the 18 and over crowd. It is a part of a trusted franchise with several locations in the metropolitan area. Numerous events throughout the week such as March Madness, Karaoke, and oldies night. Has a email list serving in which they send coupons as well as notifications for events coming up. Their menu has variety of drinks from upscale wines to draft beers.
- 2 Quench! Craft Beer & Wine, 13423 New Hampshire Ave, Colesville, ☏ . Favorite bar of many neighborhood residents.
- 1 Courtyard by Marriott Silver Spring North/White Oak, 12521 Prosperity Dr, White Oak, ☏ .
|Routes through Colesville-Burtonsville|
|Washington, D.C. ← Silver Spring ←||S N||→ Columbia → Ellicott City|