- This article is about the city in California. For other uses, see Corona (disambiguation).
Corona is a city in Riverside County in Southern California. It is a diverse city with different types of people, and is generally considered a "privileged suburb" of Los Angeles.
Corona consists of a few different neighborhoods that are distinct in their own ways. Corona Hills is an affluent community featuring many huge homes and impressive views of the city. Downtown is the oldest part of the city with little shops to visit and history to learn about. South Corona is another affluent area that is all medium to high wealth suburban tract homes with many parks. El Cerrito is the poorer side of town, but still home to many huge mansions. Horsethief Canyon is all residential suburban homes. Green River is another affluent area that is the closest to Orange County.
The best ways to get into the city are through the 15, 91, and 71 freeways. Just follow the signs for it.
- 1 Corona–North Main station, 250 East Blaine St.
Like all of Southern California, the best way to get anywhere in this place is by car. The city is served by three freeways (15,91,71) and has many major streets to guide you through the city. Since Corona is in the LA metro area, traffic can get pretty bad, heading in all directions (east to Riverside, north to Ontario, west to LA/Orange County, and south to San Diego).
The local bus system, Corona Cruiser, has two lines.
- 1 The Crossings, Cajalco Rd and the 15 Freeway. A great shopping center with stores such as Target, Kohls, Sports Authority, and Best Buy. This center also features many restaurants and a movie theater complex.
- 2 The Shops at Dos Lagos (Wierick Rd and the 15 Freeway). Another shopping center just another freeway exit away from The Crossings. It features more upscale shopping and dining. One can even take a walk around it's two man made lakes.
- 1 Mantra Indian Cuisine, 712 N Main St, ☏ +1 951 739-9401. 10am-3pm, 5pm-10pm every day. Well-liked Indian restaurant.
- Best Western Kings Inn, 1084 Pomona Rd, ☏ +1 951 734-4241, toll-free: +1-800-892-5464, fax: +1 951 279-5371.
- Motel 6, 200 North Lincoln Ave, ☏ +1 951 735-6408, fax: +1 951 340-2123.
- Residence Inn Corona Riverside County, 1015 Montecito Dr, ☏ +1 951 371-0107, fax: +1 951 371-0159.
- SpringHill Suites Corona Riverside, 2025 Compton Ave, ☏ +1 951-520-0984. Check-in: 3PM, check-out: noon. Suites with microwave, mini-fridge, large work desk, free internet, flat screen TV. Guests have access to free parking, free hot breakfast, pool and fitness center. $79.
Although generally a safe area, Corona has a few parts that should be avoided during certain times. The downtown area has a concentration of homeless people that should be avoided at night. Also, the community of El Cerrito, which isn't officially part of Corona, should also be avoided at night on foot. It consists of a single major road with many poverty stricken homes. However, both of these areas are perfectly safe when in a vehicle and are nothing compared to the nearby cities of Los Angeles, Riverside, and Anaheim.
|Routes through Corona|
|Barstow ← Ontario ←||N S||→ Lake Elsinore → San Diego|