town in Westchester County, New York, USA
Cortlandt is a township in northwestern corner of Westchester County, New York. The township includes two incorporated villages — Croton-on-Hudson and Buchanan — as well as the hamlets of Montrose, Crugers and Verplanck.
- Westchester County Airport, 240 Airport Rd, White Plains, +1 914 995-4860 (airlines). The closest airport, about a 35 minute drive. Rental cars are available.
- Stewart International Airport, 1180 First St, New Windsor, +1 845 564-2100. Another alternative to the congestion of the 3 major airports, but at present offers few direct flights. About a 45 minute drive.
- Newark Liberty International Airport, John F. Kennedy International Airport, and LaGuardia Airport: The three major international airports in the New York City area offer service to just about anywhere. Westchester-based taxi and livery cars offer regular service to and from the three internationals from most areas of the county. New York City yellow cabs will take to you Westchester in a pinch, but the fares can be exorbitant. If staying in Westchester, ask if your hotel offers shuttle service.
- The Metro-North Railroad – Hudson Line offers express service to Grand Central Terminal in New York City in about 60 minutes. A one-way ticket to or from Grand Central costs $13.25 off-peak and $17.50 peak. On-board fares are subject to a stiff surcharge, so buy your tickets at the vending machines in the overpass. Parking is available at the station. Full weekday and weekend schedules are available online.
- Rent a kayak, take a guided tour, or launch your own kayak/canoe. Annsville Creek Paddlesport Center, Route 6 & 202, Annsville Circle, +1 914 739-2588, . Good starting point for paddling the scenic Hudson Highlands.
|Routes through Cortlandt|
|Central Valley-Harriman ← Peekskill ←||W E||→ Brewster → Danbury|
|Albany ← Peekskill ←||N S||→ Croton-on-Hudson → New York City|
|Poughkeepsie ← Peekskill ←||N S||→ Croton-on-Hudson → New York City|