county in Northern Ireland
Towns and villagesEdit
- 1 Cookstown (An Chorr Chríochach) - Famous for its long and wide main street and the scenic Sperrin mountains
- 2 Dungannon (Dún Geanainn, "Geanann's stronghold") - and The Argory an atmospheric Irish gentry house
- 3 Omagh (An Ómaigh, "the virgin plain") - nearby is the Ulster American Folk Park
- 4 Strabane (An Srath Bán, "the white strath") - where John Dunlap (printer of the United States Declaration of Independence) learnt the printing trade.
- 5 Coalisland (Oileán an Ghuail)
Car is the most convenient but there are some [http://www.translink.co.uk/ Ulterbus services covering the area.
- North to County Londonderry
- South West to County Fermanagh
- South East to County Armagh
- South to County Monaghan, Ireland
- West to County Donegal, Ireland