Covington is a small town in Central Indiana. It is the seat of government for Fountain County.
Covington is located on Interstate 74 and the Wabash River.
There is no bus or taxi service, but you can walk from one end of the town to the other in about 30 minutes.
- Go to a high school football or basketball game in the fall and winter. Small Indiana towns like this one put a lot into their high school sports, and it shows when the entire town shows up for games.
- 1 Covington Apple Festival, Courthouse Square. One-day festival usually on the last Saturday in September. Food, apple cider, arts, crafts, and more.
- 1 Beef House, 16501 North State Road 63 (a bit outside of town, at the intersection of I-74 and State Road 63), ☏ . M–F 10:30AM–10PM, Sat 12:30–10PM, Sun, 11AM–9PM. Voted the best steakhouse in the state. Locally famous for its housemade yeast bread rolls. $15 for lunch, $20–40 for supper.
- 1 Northside Pub, 305 Washington St (Courthouse Square).
- Noble's Bar & Grill, 308 Liberty Street (south side of Courthouse Square).
Portland Arch Nature Preserve about 10 minutes North on Portland Arch Road
Danville about 20 minutes West on Interstate 74 or US Highway 136.
|Routes through Covington|
|Urbana ← Danville ←||W E||→ Crawfordsville → Indianapolis|