- 1 Bridgeport
- 2 Decatur has one of the best 19th century courthouses in the state.
- 3 Denton - Eclectic home of the University of North Texas, Texas Women's University, and a vibrant music scene.
- 4 Gainesville
- 5 Glen Rose , gateway to Dinosaur Valley State Park.
- 6 Granbury
- 7 Mineral Wells
- 8 Muenster - A small German settlement with a great Oktoberfest celebration.
- 9 Nocona - Small town famous for producing cowboy boots.
- 10 Stephenville
- 11 Weatherford
- Dinosaur Valley State Park
- Lake Bridgeport
- Lake Ray Roberts
- Lake Lewisville
The Cross Timbers extend south from the Oklahoma border as far east as Lake Texoma and down south of Fort Worth. They wrap around the west side of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex, bound on the west by the North Central Plains and on the east and south by the Blackland Prairie region.