South African singer Miriam Makeba ("Pata Pata") lived here while in exile in Guinea, which was from 1969 to 1985.
Get in edit
Get around edit
Mototaxi will take you everywhere for FG 10,000.
There are some nice viewpoints overlooking the city center and the hills nearby.
- Case a Palabres. A circular, Fulani-style builder with beautiful interior mosaics.
- Villa Sili. The former residence of the French governor of the region.
- Chutes de Ditinn. A towering waterfall that drops straight off a cliff face.
- 1 Hotel de Fouta SIB. A good option for FG 300,000 for a double room with breakfast included. Rooms with panoramic view are FG 400,000. There is also a restaurant. Scenery is really nice, but loud music all day is really annoying.
- 2 Hotel Safitel. Clean hotel with restaurant which does not serve alcohol. There are TVs with Canal+ to watch sports. 300,000 for the cheapest double room.
- 3 Centre Notre Dame. The rooms are a bit musty bit very cheap. The view from the terrace is nice. 100,000 for a double room with private shower and toilet. 70,000 for a room with two single beds, no private shower or toilet.