To get to Dapitan means either taking a flight from Manila or Cebu to the neighboring city of Dipolog, where the airport is located, or sailing to the Port of Pulauan (sometimes Pulawan), which is located within the city of Dapitan although ferry schedules often list the destination as Manila-Dipolog.
- The two Airlines that fly to Dipolog Airport (DPL IATA) are Philippine Airlines(PR) and Cebu Pacific Air(5J).
- 2GO Travel. - Dumaguete, Cebu, Zamboanga and Manila.
- Montenegro shipping lines. - Dumaguete
- Cokaliong Shipping lines. - Dumaguete -4PM. Cebu via Dumaguete.
- George & Peter lines. - Dumaguete -4PM. Cebu direct Su W -7PM, Zamboanga direct Tu noon.
- Supper Shuttle ferries. - Dumaguete -5AM
- Aleson Shipping lines. - Dumaguete -10:30AM
The one-way fare from Dapitan to Dumaguete is from ₱320 + port fee.
Several enterprising residents also operate bed and breakfast inns and pension houses.
- [dead link] Home Sweet Home, Sunset Boulevard. Check-in: noon-8PM, check-out: noon. A family home that now operates as a bed and breakfast by the bay. From ₱700.
- Monina Pension House, Justice Florentino Sinagu Street (near plaza), ☎ . Check-in: noon, check-out: noon. Has A/C double rooms with cable TV with en suite bathrooms and others with outside bathrooms. ₱500/₱700.
- Raguels Pension House, 39 Leonor River Street Sta Cruz, ☎ . Check-in: noon, check-out: noon. A/C double rooms with own bathroom and cable TV. ₱600, but only 3 rooms are at this price.
- Internet cafes. 8AM-10PM. There are many net cafes all over town, but the opening hours and prices are all pretty much the same. From ₱10 per hour.