Dibrugarh is city at the Eastern part of Assam, the main urban centre within the tea growing districts of the Northeast. Dibrugarh is known as the Tea City of India.
- 1 Dibrugarh Airport (DIB IATA). With daily flights to/from Kolkata, Guwahati, and Delhi and air services to other Indian domestic destinations.
Dibrugarh has two railway stations - the historic Dibrugarh Town station (DBRT), which was the first railway station built in all of Northeast India, and the newly built Dibrugarh station (DBRG).
Dibrugarh is connected by train with New Delhi, Chandigarh, Amritsar, Bangalore, and Chennai, Kanyakumari, Kolkata, New Jalpaiguri, Guwahati, Dimapur, etc. Dibrugarh is the only non-capital city in India to have the Rajdhani Express originating from and terminating in it. Nine Rajdhani Express trains in a week ply from and to the Dibrugarh Town station and one Rajdhani Express train in a week ply from and to the Dibrugarh station.
Bus rides are the cheapest mode of transport. There are city buses which covers the whole district. Most of them operate during day time only.
Auto rickshaws are good for moving around the city in shoe-string budget.
Best way to reach Dibrugarh and move around the town is by riding a motorcycle in a group, which is conducted as guided motorcycle tours in the state of Assam and adjoining states.
- Aye Than. A traditional Assamese temple on the banks of the Brahmaputra.
- Brahmaputra River Bank. See the majesticity of Nature's gift to this land, the mighty Brahmaputra.
- Jokai Botanical Garden. A botanical garden run by the Forestry Department of Assam, famous for its flora and fauna.
- Lakshminath Bezbaruah Udyan. A park for recreation.
- Mahatma Gandhi Udyan, Khanikar Chariali (towards East). A newly developed park for recreation, one of the bests in North East.
- Radhakrishna Mandir A temple, built of marble stones, near Assam Medical College campus.
- Tilinga Mandir. A temple with many bells, 54 km eastwards from Dibrugarh city centre.
- Brahmaputra River. Sit there and watch the sunset & sunrise.
- Enjoy a movie, at Fun Cinemas, Junction Mall.
- Jogging at Chowkidinghee Field, Mankota Road (towards East). Refresh you health in the morning and the evening by jogging at the jogging track around the Chowkidinghee Field.
- Tea gardens, Enjoy the beauty of Nature going through tea gardens in the city.
- Dibrugarh Town Protection (DTP) dyke. Enjoy a long walk on DTP dyke along the mighty Brahmaputra river.
- Hongkong Market or Bhutiya market. Local shopping. Wonderful collection of winter clothing, casuals and shoes.
- Jalan South Tea Estate. Dibrugarh is famous for tea. It has the world's largest area covered by tea gardens. Even within the city there exists a tea garden. Besides tea you will find cane and bamboo furniture plus local garment products like Muga, Ari, and Mulberry Silk.
- Junction Mall, R. K. B. Road. A modern mall with branded shops for jewellery, garments, foot - wear, kids' wear, toys etc.
You will get all varieties of Indian, Chinese, Mughlai, continental and local cuisines in this beautiful town.
The traditionally made rice beer, called Hanz, is a unique drink in the region. It's brewed by natural fermentation, and a rare sticky rice called bora is used to give a unique sweet taste.
There are few good bar / restaurants available in the town such as; H2O, Little palace, Studio 69. They normally provide both drinks and food.
Within the city there are various hotels to suit every pocket.
- Hotel Devika, A T Rd, Puja Ghat (0.5 km distance from the railway station), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 30 A/C and non A/C rooms. ₹450-₹2630.
- Hotel East End, New Market.
- Hotel Little Palace, A. T. Road, Marwaripatty.
- Hotel Maurya, Talkie House Road, New Market.
- Monalisa Hotel, Mancotta Rd, Chowkidinghee (Near Sankardev Hospital), ☏ . ₹700-₹2,900.
- Hotel Natraj, H. S. Road, New Market.
- Hotel Raj Palace, A. T. Road, Marwaripatty.
- Hotel Rajawas, A.T.Road Marwari Patty, ☏ . With Moti Mahal restaurant ₹900 onwards.
- 1 [dead link] Hotel Vishal, A.T.Road, Marwari Patty, Puja Ghat, ☏ , , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 450 To 1400.
- Rainbow Regis, T. R Phukan Road, West Chowkidinghee, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Deluxe, Luxury, and Executive rooms. ₹ 3,446.
- Arunachal Pradesh, Dibrugarh is the gateway to Arunachal Pradesh. An Innerline permit is necessary to enter.