Downey is located at the intersection of Lakewood (CA-19) and Firestone (CA-42) Boulevards. The Stonewood Center (see "Buy" below) is on the northeast quadrant of the intersection.
The closest airport to Downey is the Long Beach Airport 8.5 miles south on Lakewood Boulevard.
- 1 Downey History Center, 12540 S. Rives Ave, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. W, Th, 3rd Sa each month: 10AM-2PM.
- 2 World's Oldest McDonald's (Historic Speedee McDonald's), 10207 Lakewood Blvd, ☏ . Su-Th 7AM-10PM, F-Sa 7AM-11PM. This is the oldest standing McDonald's fast food store. The original 60-foot-high sign is also still standing. Both are listed on the U.S. National Register of Historic Places.
- 3 Close to You and Only Just Begun, 8388 5th St. Karen and Richard Carpenter used to own these two apartment buildings across from each other.
- 4 Columbia Memorial Space Center, 12400 Columbia Way, ☏ . Tu-Sa 10AM-5PM. Space museum with a Lego robotics lab. $5.
- 1 Downey Theatre, 8435 Firestone Blvd, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.
- 2 Downey Symphony, 11531 Downey Ave, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. The symphony presents three concerts each season and also performs a few wind instrument concerts in nearby Furman Park. $10-35.
- 3 Cinemark, 8840 Apollo Way, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. A luxury lounger with electric-powered recliners, cup holders, footrests with oversize, plush, comfortable seating.
- 4 Los Amigos Golf Course, 7295 Quill Dr, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 6,212-yard, par-71 championship golf course plus a lighted driving range. M-F $30, Sa Su $40.
- 5 Rio Hondo Golf Club, 10627 Old River School Rd, ☏ . M Tu Th-Sa sunrise-9PM, W Su sunrise-8PM. 6360 yard, par 71 course with lighted practice range. M-F $39, Sa Su $49.
- 1 Stonewood Center, 251 Stonewood St (on the northeast quadrant of the Lakewood/Firestone intersection), ☏ . M-F 10AM-9PM, Sa 10AM-8PM, Su 11AM-7PM. Anchored by JCPenney, Kohl's, Macy's, Macy's Home Store, and Sears.
- 2 Downey Landing, 12020 Lakewood Blvd (on southeast quadrant of Lakewood/Stewart & Gray). Major retailers include: Best Buy, Old Navy, Marshall's, Bally Total Fitness, Bed, Bath & Beyond, DSW Shoe Warehouse, PetSmart, Pier 1 Imports, Ross Dress for Less, Staples, and Verizon Wireless.
- 3 Promenade at Downey, 8998 Apollo Way, ☏ . Promenade at Downey is a dynamic outdoor retail, dining and entertainment complex designed with an architectural nod to Downey's aerospace roots.
- 1 Porto's Bakery and Cafe, 8233 Firestone Blvd, ☏ . M-Sa 6:30AM-8:3PM, Su 7AM-7PM. The long lines say it all. This family business has been booming and expanding. People would drive to Glendale from Downey before, but no longer, now they just wait in the line, smell and see all the goodies while they wait.
- 2 Yogurtland, 8250 Firestone Blvd, ☏ . Su-Th 11AM-10PM, F Sa 11AM-11PM. Outpost of a local chain offering self-serve frozen yogurt & toppings in a modern yet casual space
- 1 The Anarchy Library, 13250 Woodruff Ave.. 8:30PM-2AM. At one time was a venue for the local and nation punk scene.
- 1 American Inn - Downey Hotel, 12644 Lakewood Blvd, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 2PM, check-out: 11AM. Features 20 non-smoking King and Double Queen rooms. Free high-speed internet. $80-105.
- 2 Studio Inn & Suites - Downey Hotels, 12340 Lakewood Blvd, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 2PM, check-out: 11AM. Free high-speed Internet. Complimentary continental breakfast. Pool. $90-200.
- 3 Days Inn Downey, 11102 Lakewood Blvd., ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 1PM, check-out: 11AM. Free Wi-Fi Internet, free continental breakfast. No pets allowed. $90-150.
- 4 The Regency Inn - Downey, 9050 E. Imperial Hwy, ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Offers a swimming pool, comfortable accommodations, and is walking distance to many local restaurants. Free Continental Breakfast. $65-80.