Dublin is home to more than 40,000 people, and is one of the largest suburban communities in Columbus. Dublin is also the headquarters of Wendy's International and Cardinal Health.
Dublin is connected by US33 and I270 (the Columbus Beltway). Through the beltway, I71 is a a short distance away.
- 1 COTA (Central Ohio Transit Authority). COTA line 73 passes through Dublin. This line also stops in Northwest Columbus and Downtown Columbus Standard fare is $2, and rush hour is $2.75. A day pass is $4.50.
Dublin can roughly be divided into three sections. The historic Downtown is on the west of the Scioto river and has most of Dublin's historic architecture. The Bridge Park neighborhood on the opposite bank of Downtown and is marked by its postmodern architecture. The rest of Dublin is mostly composed of suburbia, strip malls, and indoor malls.
Museums and historyEdit
- 1 Central Dublin. Downtown Dublin is along the Scioto River on High Street.
- 2 Early Television Museum, 5396 Franklin St, Hilliard, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 3 Coffman Homestead, 5300 Emerald Parkway, ☏ . First Sunday of May, June, July, and September from 1PM-4PM. A historic homestead from the 1860s. Free.
- Phoenix Bats Plant Tour, 7801 Corporate Blvd (Suite E) in Plain City. M F 1:30PM, We 6PM. A local baseball bat factory in nearby Plain City offers tours of their factory and information on the history of baseball. Tour includes a mini bat souvenir. $10.
- 4 Field of Corn (Cornhenge), 4995 Rings Rd (Frantz Park). A field of 109 giant concrete corn sculptures. Each ear of corn weighs nearly a ton (680 kg), and stands at nearly 2 m high. Free.
- 5 Leatherlips, 5200 Emerald Parkway. A 12-foot-tall limestone sculpture of Wyandot native american chief Letherlips. Chief Leatherlips signed the Treaty of Greenville, and was known for his peaceful nature. Free.
- 6 Dublin Link. The world's only single tower, S shaped suspension bridge. Allows pedestrians and cyclists a scenic passage over the Scioto River.
- 1 Columbus Zoo and Aquarium, 4850 Powell Rd, Powell, ☏ . Birthplace of the first gorilla in captivity, The Columbus Zoo has over 7,000 animals. The zoo is divided into sections based on the geographic origins of the animals held there, and many of the sections are designed to give visitors scenic views of the animals. The zoo is adjacent to Zoombezi Bay - a water park it owns. The zoo also has Safari Golf, an attached, public golf course.
- 2 Muirfield Country Club, 8715 Muirfield Dr, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Home of Jack Nicklaus's Memorial Tournament. It and its sister course are the most prominent of Dublin's many golf courses, but other choices abound. Arnold Palmer's Tartan Fields is minutes north of Muirfield. Public courses such as Shamrock and the Columbus Zoo's links are good courses, and Millcreek, home of Ben Curtis, is only a few miles north of Dublin, and also open to anyone.
- Sports Ohio, 6100 Dublin Park Dr. A 100 acre sports park.
- 3 Indian Run Falls, 700 Shawan Falls Dr. A park with a waterfall near downtown Dublin. While the falls are relatively short, it is not safe to jump from them. The park also contains the historic Indian Run Cemetery. Free.
- 4 Hayden Falls Park, 4326 Hayden Run Rd.
- 5 Coffman Park. A public park with a variety of art installations.
- 6 Dublin Irish Festival. One of the largest Irish festivals in America.
- Independence Day celebration. July 4th annually. Live musical entertainment and a top-notch fireworks display. Free.
- 7 Blarney Bash, 555 Metro Place N. Dublin's Saint Patrick's Day festival. Has a best legs in a kilt competition. $8.
- 8 [dead link] B.R.E.A.D. Festival (Bake, Reconnect, Educate, make Art, celebrate Diversity), 5200 Emerald Parkway (Coffman Park). October. An arts festival.
- 1 Wendy's Flagship Restaurant, 4555 W Dublin Granville Rd, ☏ . 6:30AM-midnight. The flagship Wendy's restaurant. Has various Wendy's memorabilia, such as an Olympic torch that the founder of Wendy's carried. $3-10.
- 2 Bridge Street Pizza, 16 E Bridge St, ☏ . Su Tu-Th noon-10PM, F Sa noon-11PM,. One of Dublin's oldest pizzerias. Also sells salads, subs, and wings. $11 for a 12' pie - $16 for an 18' pie.
- 3 Our Cupcakery, 16 N High St, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Sells cupcakes, and has a DIY Cupcake Bar. Grab & Go $2.50 per cupcake, DIY ~$3 a cupcake ($1 an oz).
- Fukuryu Ramen, 4540 Bridge Park Ave, ☏ . Sells ramen, takoyaki, curry rice, and sake. Focuses on meats and seafood, but will prepare some dishes vegan by request. $10.
- 1 The Dublin Village Tavern (DVT), 27 S High St, ☏ . Located in a former hardware store turned post office, the Dublin Village Tavern offers sandwiches, soups, and drinks in a friendly, cozy atmosphere.
- 2 Mezzo, 12 W Bridge St, ☏ . Mediterranean pub.
- 3 Tucci's, 35 N High St, ☏ . Wine, steaks, and seafood.
- Fadó Pub & Kitchen, 6652 Riverside Dr, ☏ .
- Pins Mechanical Company, 6558 Riverside Dr, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M-F opens 4PM, Sa Su opens noon. A bar featuring small ball games including Bocce, Duckpin, Pinball, Ping Pong, and Foosball.
- 16 Bit Bar + Arcade, 6564 Riverside Dr, ☏ . M-F opens at 4PM, Sa Su opens at noon. Barcade with over 40 arcade cabinets.
- The Pint Room, 4415 W Dublin Granville Rd, ☏ . Burger bar.
- Hyatt Place, 6161 Park Center Circle, ☏ . $90-100.
- 1 Holiday Inn Express, 5500 Tuttle Crossing Blvd (off I-270), ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: noon. Offers 24-hour business center, meeting space, indoor pool and whirlpool, 24-hour fitness center and complimentary, hot Express Start breakfast. Offers Japanese TV and breakfast. From $100 plus tax.
- 2 Drury Inn & Suites, 6170 Parkcenter Circle, ☏ . Offers free Wi-Fi and breakfast. $100-130.
- 3 Staybridge Suites, 6095 Emerald Parkway, ☏ . Check-in: 4PM, check-out: noon. Offers free WiFi and breakfast buffet. $95-$130.
- 4 Courtyard Columbus Dublin, 5175 Post Road, ☏ , fax: . Offers free WiFi, fitness center, and indoor pool. Their on-site restaurant sells Japanese food. $130-150.
- 5 Columbus Marriott Northwest, 5605 Paul G. Blazer Memorial Parkway, ☏ , fax: . Offers a fitness center and a pool. $150-200.
- 6 Embassy Suites Columbus Dublin, 5100 Upper Metro Place, ☏ . Check-in: 4PM, check-out: 11AM. 10 minutes away from the Ohio State University campus by car. Offers free WiFi and breakfast. $180-$250.
- AC Hotel, 6540 Riverside Dr, ☏ . $175-$190.
- 4 Dublin Community Recreation Center (DCRC). Besides operating as a recreation center, the facility also houses the Abbey Theater and the Tantrum Theater company.
|Routes through Dublin|
|Fort Wayne ← Marysville ← Jct S N ←||W E||→ Columbus → Weston|