town in Massachusetts
Get in edit
From Boston take I-93 south to Route 3. Route 3 passes through Duxbury with exits onto Route 14 and Route 3A.
Get around edit
- Art Complex Museum, 189 Alden Street, ☏ , fax: , email@example.com. W-Su 1PM-4PM. An 8,000 piece collection featuring prints, Shaker furniture, Asian art, and American painting.
- King Caesar House, 120 King Caesar Road. Federal style home built in 1808.
- John Alden House Museum, 105 Alden Street, ☏ . Mid May to mid Oct. M-Sa Noon-4PM.
- Myles Standish Monument, Crescent St, ☏ . (seasonal). One hundred sixteen foot high granite monument. Stairs to the top when open. Nice views open or closed.
- Duxbury Beach (Route 139 to Canal Street). Over four miles of clean and well-maintained beach, mostly sandy but with patches of stones. Lifeguards, restrooms, showers, snack bar and luncheon restaurant. No alcohol; barbecues allowed with permits available from the bathhouse. Public parking for 1400 cars.
- 1 South Shore Folk Music Club, 842 Tremont St. Supports traditional and contemporary folk and acoustic music on the South Shore.
- Duxbury Bay Cranberries, 700 Franklin St, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Fresh cranberries for sale on order or via pick-your-own in season.
- Snug Harbor Fish Co., 459 Washington St, ☏ . Mostly local fish, including a dine-in menu.
Fine Dining edit
- The Sun Tavern, 500 Congress Street, ☏ . Tu-Th 5PM-9PM, F 5PM-10PM, Sa 4PM-10PM, Su 3PM-9PM. (Rt 14). Fine dining or pub with fine, fresh ingredients.
- French Memories, 459 Washington St, ☏ . Great bakery with gourmet sandwiches and salads, too.
- Milepost Tavern Restaurant, 581 Tremont St, ☏ .
Bed and Breakfast edit
- Powder Point Bed and Breakfast, 182 Powder Point Ave, ☏ . 4 rooms. $140-330.
- Winsor House Inn, 390 Washington St, ☏ . 4 rooms. $110-$210.
Go next edit
|Routes through Duxbury|
|Boston ← Hanover ←||N S||→ Kingston → Plymouth|
|Boston ← Marshfield ←||N S||→ Kingston → Plymouth|
|Quincy ← Hanover ←||N S||→ Kingston → Ends at|
|Stoughton ← Marshfield ←||W E||→ END|