Stoughton is a town in Massachusetts with a population of 29,000 (2020) that is about 20 minutes south of Boston. It was founded in 1726 and named after William Stoughton, who was chief justice in the Salem Witch Trials. Its surrounding towns are Canton, Sharon, Brockton, Randolph, and Easton.
Get in edit
By car edit
If you have a car, then just hop on 95 south until you hit exit 8, which is Sharon. After getting off the exit, you then stay straight for about 10 miles until you see a sign that will say “entering Stoughton”.
By plane edit
Logan Airport in Boston is 25 minutes north of Stoughton. Cabs are available but can become pricey.
By train edit
Stoughton has a MBTA commuter rail line that runs to South Station in Boston. The Providence/Stoughton line is the correct line to choose if looking up train times. All you have to do is visit the MBTA website to find the best schedule for you!
Get around edit
The easiest way to get around Stoughton is by car or bike. If you are only going a short distance then a bike is a reasonable form of transportation. However, if you plan to travel from one side of the town to the other it is approximately a 25-mile radius and would require a car or cab service.
- 1 The Stoughton Historical Society, 6 Park St (It is on the corner of Park Street and Pleasant Street.), ☏ . The hours of operation are Tuesdays 10AM to 3PM and Thursdays 6PM to 8PM or by appointment.. was established in 1895 to provide historical research and items for show. The society publishes newsletters throughout the year to let the town know what types of exhibits and articles are being shown at certain times. They also have a book store which sells souvenirs, pamphlets, and other information on the town.
- 1 24/7 Family Fitness, 333 Tosca Drive, ☏ . is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, except for holidays.
- 1 Town Spa, 1119 Washington Street, ☏ . has a homey feeling and has been in business for 60+ years. Bar pizzas, hamburgers, chicken fingers, French fries, soups, and salads. Cash only.
- 2 Ruk Mae, 1778 Washington Street, ☏ . Thai Cuisine is a local favorite which dishes up healthy Thai food in a casual setting.
- 3 The Chateau, 1165 Park Street, Route 27, ☏ . M-Th 11:15AM-9PM, F Sa 11:15AM-10PM, Su noon-9PM. Holiday hours vary so just call in advance.. Restaurant also serves delicious Italian cuisine. The Chateau is a classy yet low key place. The wait staff is friendly and accommodating. Casual dress.
- 4 Amelia's, 217 Washington Street, ☏ . is a Northern Italian farm-to-table fare served in an upmarket trattoria with swanky decor. There's a large bar, with a bar menu, and an extensive, regular menu as well.
- 1 Courtyard Boston Stoughton, 200 Technology Center Dr, ☏ . $139.
- 2 The Stoughton Motel, 1919 Washington Street, ☏ , email@example.com. Daily 7 AM-10PM.. is a clean, quiet, and reasonably priced place to stay in the area. It is a small family-owned business. Cable television and phones are provided in every room. Children stay free of charge, and it is a non-smoking environment. A room with one full size bed is $60 a night and a room with two full size beds and a king size bed is $70..
Go next edit
Boston, 20 minutes north of Stoughton. Newbury Street is a beautiful, classy area to shop or walk around. There is so much to do in Boston with things such as museums, walking around areas like Boston Common, Fanuiel Hall, Quincy Market, duck tours in Copley Square, and many parks and sight seeing.
Providence, about a half-hour drive from Stoughton, is a busy city in Rhode Island that has a lot to offer. The Providence Place Mall is one of the big attractions with a variety of clothing stores and food options available. Thayer Street, on the east side of Providence, is also a great place for shopping and a nice area to walk around. Stores such as Urban Outfitters and City Sports are among the popular shopping places.
|Routes through Stoughton|
|Boston via ← Randolph ←||N S||→ Brockton → Fall River|
|Boston ← Canton ←||N S||→ Easton → Fall River|
|END ←||W E||→ Randolph → Duxbury|
|Boston ← Canton ←||N S||→ END|