village in New York
East Aurora is a village in the Southtowns of Erie County, New York.
- A total solar eclipse on Monday 8 April 2024 starts at 3:18PM local time and lasts 3 min. The chances of a clear sky are 35%. The track of totality is northeast from Mexico and Texas to Ohio then straddling the Canada–New England border.
- 1 Millard Fillmore Home (Millard Fillmore Presidential Site), 24 Shearer Ave., ☏ +1 716 652-4735, email@example.com. Jun-Oct: W Sa Su 1PM-3PM. Only remaining residence (other than the White House) of Millard Fillmore, 13th President of the United States, who built this house and resided here in 1826-1830. One-hour tours. Listed as a National Historic Landmark. $10.
- 2 Knox Farm State Park, 437 Buffalo Rd. (1/2 mile North from the Circle on Rt 16), ☏ +1 716-549-1802. Dawn to Dusk, year round. Visitors to Knox Farm can observe wildlife, hike, cross-country ski and ride horseback along beautifully scenic nature trails. Nature walks are also offered through a partnership with New York Audubon and the Buffalo Audubon Society, as well as programs offered by state park naturalists. The Knox Farm Visitor Center contains exhibits of historic and natural interest. Biking is allowed in designated areas and horseback riding and driving by permit only. Household pets only; on a leash not more than 6 feet.
- 1 Vidler's, 676-694 Main Street, ☏ +1 716 652-0481, toll-free: +1 877 VIDLERS (8435377). M-Th 9AM-6PM; F 9AM-9PM; Sa 9AM-6PM; Su 11AM-5PM. East Aurora's original five-and-ten store opened in 1930 and is located in 4 connected 19th-century buildings. Voted by readers of Buffalo Spree magazine as "the most fun place to shop in Western New York". 75,000 different items in inventory including candy, cards, gifts, school & office supplies, candles, collectables, house & kitchen wares, fabric & yarn, toys, year-round holiday & Christmas items. Popular destination for locals and tourists.
- 1 Old Orchard Inn, 2095 Blakeley Corners Rd (one-half mile west of Olean Rd.), ☏ +1 716 652-4664, firstname.lastname@example.org. Tu-Th 4-8PM, F Sa 4-9PM, Su noon-8PM. Tuesday Surf & Turf, Thursday & Friday bring your own wine, Sunday Specials noon-4PM. $18-$35.
- 2 The Dog Bar Restaurant, 1913 Davis Rd (NY Rt 240) West Falls, ☏ +1 716 652-5550. W-Su 4-11PM. Dine in a nearly 200-year-old landmark with rural-America decor and a collection of antiques and curios from the past. Popular entrees are Porterhouse steak, thick loin lamb chops, shrimp scampi, and 20-ounce lobster tail. Other menu items include soup, salad,burgers and desert. Full bar. Slow service as everything is cooked to order. Reservations recommended.
- 3 Pasquale's, 242 Main St., ☏ +1 716 655-0100. M-Th 11AM-10PM, F Sa 11AM-11PM, Su noon-10PM. Since 1975 - Italian cuisine, full service restaurant serving pasta, seafood, chicken, steak and veal dishes. Full service bar, take-out menu. $8-24.
- 4 Roycroft Inn (Dining at the Roycroft), 40 South Grove St. (one-half block south of Main (US 20A)), ☏ +1 716 652-5552, toll-free: +1-877-652-5552, email@example.com. Breakfast M-Sa 7-10AM, lunch M-Sa 11:30AM-3PM, dinner Su 4:30-9PM, M-Th 5-9PM, F Sa 5-10PM; Sunday bunch 10AM-3PM. Four dining rooms located within the historic Roycroft Inn. Steak, lamb, pork chops and seafood. Popular Sunday brunch. Casual lounge with full bar, craft beers and wine. Live music on Thur & Fri evenings. $17-$39.
- 5 Tony Rome's (Globe Hotel & Restaurant), 711 Main St., ☏ +1 716 532-4221. M-Th 11AM-10PM, F Sa 11AM-11PM, Sun noon-9PM. Long established restaurant located in the "Historic Main Street" district. Visited by US Presidents Fillmore and Cleveland. Noted as "The Place For Ribs", other menu items include wings, steak, chicken, seafood & pasta roma (vegetarian). Daily specials and lunch menu. Full bar.
- 1 Bar-Bill Tavern, 185 Main St., ☏ +1 716-652-7959. M-Sa 8AM-2AM; Su noon-2AM. Located in a 150-year-old building. Features over 30 different beers, beef on weck, chicken wings and a variety of other bar foods. No hostess, no reservations, no credit cards. Always a full house.
- 2 42 North Brewing Co., 25 Pine St., ☏ +1 716-805-7500, firstname.lastname@example.org. M closed, Tu-Th 4-11PM, F 4PM-midnight, Sa noon-midnight, Su noon-8PM. Newly opened brewery featuring locally crafted artisan ales and lagers. Light snacks available.
- 3 189 Public House, 189 Main St, ☏ +1 716 652-8189. Tu-Th 11:30AM-10PM, F Sa 11AM-midnight, Su noon-10PM. Whiskey and music emporium. Live emerging local musicians and nationwide acts: americana, folk, blues, rock and roll, jazz & country. Pub food.
- 1 Roycroft Inn, 40 South Grove St., ☏ +1 716 652-5552, toll-free: +1-877-652-5552, email@example.com. A National Historic Landmark, opened in 1905 by Elbert Hubbard as part of the Roycroft Arts & Crafts movement. Fully restored in 1995, it is furnished with original Roycroft furniture and Stickley reproductions. 28 luxury suites, three dining rooms, outdoor dining, banquet facilities and a lounge. $189+.
- 2 Hampton Inn East Aurora, 49 Olean St, ☏ +1 716 655-3300. 80 guest rooms & suites, free wifi, complimentary breakfast.
|Routes through East Aurora|
|Erie via ← Orchard Park ←||W E||→ Warsaw → Auburn via|
|Buffalo ← West Seneca ←||N S||→ Franklinville → Olean|
|Lockport ← West Seneca ←||N S||→ Gainesville → END|