land of milk honey and the bills
- 1 Chestnut Ridge Park, 6121 Chestnut Ridge Rd (Rt NY-277 three miles south of the Village of Orchard Park), ☏ . County park with over 1,200 acres, bicycling, accessible facilities, hiking trails, picnic areas, cross-country skiing, sledding, snowmobiling, tennis, toboggan chutes, disc golf. Free.
- 3 Johnson-Jolls Complex (Jolls House), 4287 South Buffalo St (Next to town hall). April-October, the first and third Saturday 1PM-4PM. 19th Century Italianate Victorian Home listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Built in 1870 for merchant Ambrose Johnson, from 1902-1963 it was the home and office of Dr. Willard B. Jolls, a country doctor.
- 4 Frank and Jane Clement Brick Museum, 6291 Milestrip Rd., ☏ . By apppointment. Historic masonry aficionados should head over to Frank and Jane Clement's place on Milestrip Road, which they've opened to folks curious to see the collection of branded bricks — that is, those with inscriptions, logos, symbols or other markings on them identifying their manufacturer — that they've been amassing for the past 40 years. Visits start at the driveway leading up to the garage, which is paved with 12,000 of them; then Frank will lead you inside, where you'll find his most prized specimens in racks on the wall, shellacked for extra protection. The collection encompasses the work of brickmakers both locally-based (you'll see a few from the Star Brick Company, once a popular collector's item among local kids thanks to their silvery insignia that looked uncannily like an Old West sheriff's badge) and far-flung (check out the special-edition Glen Iris brick from Australia commemorating the 1956 Melbourne Olympics), both wall bricks (they've got one from the Margaret St. John House, the only building in Buffalo that escaped destruction when the British sacked the city in 1813) and pavers. Free.
Festivals and eventsEdit
- 1 Orchard Park Festival of the Arts, 60 South Lincoln Ave, ☏ , ✉ opcc@OrchardParkChamber.org. Sa 10AM - 5 PM, Su 10AM - 3PM. Long running community arts festival hosting over 200 regional artists and craftsmen. Held annually the third weekend in September. Hosted by the Orchard Park Chamber of Commerce. Free to the public.
- 2 [dead link] Taste of Orchard Park, North Buffalo St. (North from Rt US 20A), ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. 6PM - 10PM. Annual outdoor event held in late July and sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce. Stroll the street and sample the food fare from dozens of area restaurants. Live musical entertainment.
- 3 July 4th Parade & Fireworks, East Quaker St - Rt. US 20A (Westerly along Rt US 20A (East Quaker St.) from Baker Rd to S. Lincoln), ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 8PM - 10PM. Annual parade with fireworks after the parade on the grounds of the Middle School on S. Lincoon St. Free.
- 4 Buffalo Bills, New Era Field, One Bills Dr., toll-free: . A member of the National Football League (NFL), the Buffalo Bills went to the Super Bowl for four straight years in the 1990s (losing them all) but have had declining fortunes since then. They play their games at New Era Field. Still, the citizens of Buffalo follow the Bills' trials and tribulations religiously during football season (August through December), and home games almost always sell out.
- 5 Bob-O-Link Golf Club, 4085 Transit (On Transit north of US Rt 20A), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 8AM - 9:30PM. Public par 3 course with night golf under the lights, a driving range and golf lessons. Youth camps, junior tournaments, and adult leagues. $15-$19.
- 6 Harvest Hill Golf Course, 3052 Transit Rd. (One-half mile south of US 20 on Transit), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Daylight hours. 18-hole public golf course designed by Dr. Michael Hurdzan with clubhouse and light dining. $45-$59.
- 1 Four Corners (At the intersections of US Rt 20A & NY Rts 240 & 277 in the Village of Orchard Park). Local restaurants and retail shops including antiques, banks, custom framing, coffee house, clothing, children's books, financial services, furniture, hardware, Italian ice, and a pharmacy nearby.
- 2 Cross Roads Center, 3201-3227 Southwestern Blvd (Southwestern Blvd @ Orchard Park Rd.). 20 Retail establishments including Denny's Restaurant, Lowe's, Tops Supermarket & gasoline, Stein Mart, Colonial Wine & Spirits, Five Star Bank, two hair cut salons, emergency medical care, Watson's Chocolate Candy, Wendy's/Tim Horton, Arby's, Moe's, Hoopla Frozen Yogurt, Taffy's Charbroiled Hot Dogs, Zoup!, Verizon Wireless.
- 3 [dead link] Quaker Crossing Retail Center, 3420 Amelia Dr. (Milestrip Rd west of US-219), ☏ . 14 retail stores, 3 restaurants, banking, cinema, AAA
- 1 Cappelli's Pizzeria, 3643 North Buffalo Rd. (On NYS Rt-240 (N. Buffalo Rd) between Webster and Milestrip Rds.), ☏ . M-Th 10AM - 9:30PM, F & Sa 10AM - 10PM, Su 2PM - 9:30PM. Popular family owned pizzeria at this location since 1986. Dine in, take out, & delivery. Pizza, subs, wings, tacos & salads. Catering service for family parties & business meetings. $5 - $30.
- 2 Danny's South, 4300 Abbott Rd. (Corner of Big Tree (US Rt-20A) & Abbott Rd.), ☏ . M-Th 11AM - 11PM, F-Sa 11AM-12AM, Su 1PM - 8PM, Su Brunch 10AM - 2PM. Family and group friendly dining with sports bar. Soup & salad bar with popular Buffalo chicken wing soup. Full service menu for lunch & dinner. Burgers, wraps & hoagies. Steaks, chicken, pork, pasta & seafood dinners. Full bar service, catering & banquet facilities. Ample parking for Buffalo Bills home games with special game day tailgate menu. $10 - $23.
- 3 Mangia Ristorante & Caffe, 4264 N. Buffalo Rd., ☏ . M-Th 11AM-10PM; F&Sa 11AM-11PM. Popular locally owned establishment. Casual lunch, pizza, subs, paninis, wraps, soup & salads. Evening dining: elaborate Italian Cuisine. Full bar & banquet room, upscale lounge on second floor, outdoor seating available. $14-$38.
- 4 Mansard Inn, 3365 Abbott Rd. (Off Abbott one block north of Milestrip), ☏ . Tu-Sa 4:30PM-close, Su 3:30PM-close, closed Mon. Fine dining at a moderate price since 1973. Daily and early bird specials. Steak, seafood, turkey, chicken & lamb. Full bar and banquet facilities. $15-$37.
- 5 Taffy's Hot Dog Stand, 3621 Orchard Park Rd. (Corner of Southwestern & Orchard Park Rd.), ☏ . 11AM - 10PM Daily; Closed Jan-Mar. Locally owned at this location since 1949. Charbroiled hot dogs, hamburgers, chicken breasts. Dozens of milk shake flavors made the old fashion way. Curly fries. Outdoor seating, limited indoor seating. $1 - $20.
- 1 Big Tree Inn, 4277 Abbott Rd. (Corner of Abbott & Big Tree (US Rt 20A)), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Daily 9AM-4AM. Sports bar near the Bills' stadium. Frequented by locals and Buffalo Bills players past and present.
- 2 The Byrd House, 4190 North Buffalo Rd. (One and one half blocks North of the Four Corners), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Serving over 20 craft beers on tap. Burgers, soup, appetizers, salads & sandwiches. Daily happy hour, open mic Wednesday, live music Saturday.
|This guide uses the following price ranges for a standard double room:|
- 1 Red Carpet Inn Buffalo, 3940 Southwestern Blvd, ☏ . Walking distance from New Era Stadium, also convenient to Hamburg Fairgrounds and ECC South Campus. All guest rooms have coffee maker, refrigerator, microwave, and expanded cable TV with HBO. Jacuzzi rooms also available.
|Routes through Orchard Park|
|Erie ← Hamburg ←||W E||→ West Seneca → Auburn|
|Erie via ← Hamburg ←||W E||→ East Aurora → Auburn via|
|Buffalo via ← West Seneca ←||N S||→ Hamburg → Salamanca|