- 1 Kaifeng (开封) — One of the Eight Ancient Capitals in China, famous for being the capital of Northern Song dynasty.
- 2 Zhoukou (周口) — The homeland of Fu Xi (伏羲), Laozi (老子) and Yuan Shikai (袁世凯).
- 3 Shangqiu (商丘) — The easternmost city of Henan. An important railway hub of China. The first capital of Shang Dynasty.
- 4 Lankao (兰考) — The place where Jiao Yulu (焦裕禄) once worked, now a shrine for Chinese politicians.
- 5 Yongcheng (永城) — Lots of Han Dynasty relics, including the famous Mangdang Mountain (芒砀山).
- 6 Xiangcheng (项城) — Location of the former residence and palace of Yuan Shikai (袁世凯).
- 7 Huaiyang (淮阳) — Site of the Taihao Mausoleum (太昊陵), a memorial dedicated to Fuxi, one of the legendary rulers of ancient China.
- 8 Minquan (民权) — The homeland of Zhuangzi (庄子).
- 9 Ningling (宁陵) — Pear gardens everywhere.
- 10 Zhuxianzhen(朱仙镇) — One of the Four Ancient Towns in China, the place where Yue Fei (岳飞) once fought against the Jin.
- 11 Luyi (鹿邑) — The birthplace of Laozi (老子), the founder of Taoism.
This region is the main agricultural area of Henan Province. Located in the hub of the birthplace of China, every city has a history of over 2,000 years.
All the three cities have railway connections. Shangqiu is famous for its hub position in the railway network of China, and can be reached by train from nearly every major city in China. Kaifeng is on the Longhai Railway, one of the busiest railway in China, and is closed to Zhengzhou, which is also a railway hub of China. Zhoukou has limited railway connections, but can also be reached from some major cities like Guangzhou, Shanghai, Qingdao and Ningbo.
Vistors can fly to Zhengzhou Xizheng International Airport (CGO IATA) or Xuzhou Guanyin International Airport (XUZ IATA) and transfer to buses or trains. Shangqiu Airport is under construction and expected to be finished in 2020.