city in North Dakota, United States
Elgin is much larger than Carson, 14 miles to the east, which is the County Seat. It describes itself as "A land of rolling hills, bountiful wildlife, and beautiful sunsets".
- By car: from exit 108 off I-94, 32 miles south on state highway 49.
- By air: Elgin Municipal Airport with a 3,000 foot runway.
- Elgin Museum, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Open during summer months by appointment. Railroad depot museum with an original caboose.
- Medicine Rock State Historic Site (8 miles southeast of Elgin), ☏ . This site marks an ancient, sacred American Indian gathering place that was used for dance ceremonies before a buffalo hunt. Look for the circular ring of dark vegetation, site of the pow wows
- Elgin Golf Course.
- Lake Tschida. Fishing for catfish, walleye, perch, northern pike, crappie, bass, and saugeye.
- Tail Race (below Heart Butte Dam). Fishing for catfish, walleye, northern pike, and bass
- Sheep Creek Dam. Fishing for trout, walleye, blue gills, and bass
- Cannonball River. Fishing for catfish, walleye, and northern pike
- Hunting. For white tailed and mule deer, gouse, and pheasant.
- Our Place Café, Lanes, & Lounge, ☏ .
- Carousel Drive Inn, ☏ .
- Seib's Sports Bar, ☏ .
- Schatz Motel, ☏ .