city in Chemung County, New York, USA
Get in edit
Get around edit
- 1 Woodlawn Cemetery, 1200 Walnut St, ☏ . Visit writer Mark Twain and movie producer Hal Roach. Open year round. Free.
- The Mark Twain Study, Park Place, ☏ . May through Labor Day, M-Sa 9AM-5PM, Su noon-5PM; Labor Day through mid-October, Sa 9AM-5PM, Su noon-5PM. By appointment in the off season.. A gift from his sister in 1874, the study has been moved from its original location at Quarry Farm to the campus of Elmira College. Twain wrote portions of The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court, and other works in this small building.
- Nearby Arnot Mall, anchored by JCPenney, The Bon-Ton, and Burlington Coat Factory, is the only indoor super-regional mall in a 50-mile radius. Also, there are several power centers and big box stores in the mall's vicinity.
- Lib's Supper Club, 106 West 5th Street. Large portions and nice bar area.
Ill Eagle Tap House located in the historic stone former City Post Office, this American Eatery features 30+ beers on tap.
- Holiday Inn, 760 East Water St, ☏ .
Go next edit
|Routes through Elmira|
|Jamestown ← Corning ←||W E||→ ends → Owego → Binghamton|
|END ←||SW NE||→ Ithaca → Cortland|