city in Chautauqua County, New York, United States
Although Jamestown is a small city, it is the largest in Chautauqua County. It has cold, snowy winters and mild summers, even cool at night sometimes in August.
- 1 Chautauqua County/Jamestown Airport (JHW IATA), 3163 Airport Drive, ☏ . Open to general aviation for now.
You will need a car as public transportation is very very limited.
- Chautauqua Lake
- National Comedy Center, 203 West Second St, ☏ . Daily 10AM-5PM. The first major museum in the U.S. dedicated to comedy, the National Comedy Center opened in August 2018 as the culmination of years of effort from major figures in American comedy. The advisory board includes Carl Reiner, Laraine Newman, Lewis Black, Jim Gaffigan, Paula Poundstone, and many others. Next door to Jamestown's historic Gateway Train Station, the museum offers more than 50 exhibits, from interactive experiences to artifacts and memorabilia. Highlights include a hologram theater, a stand-up lounge, and the adults-only "Blue Room". Personal archives housed at the museum include those of Charlie Chaplin, the Marx Brothers, Phyllis Diller, George Carlin, Joan Rivers, and Jerry Seinfeld. Age 60+ $21.50, ages 18-59 $23.50, ages 13-17 or military/veteran $18.50, ages 6-12 $12.50, under 6 free; joint tickets with Lucy-Desi Museum available.
- The Lucy-Desi Museum, 212 Pine St, ☏ . M-Sa 10AM-5PM, Su 11AM-4PM. Operated by the National Comedy Center, this museum celebrates the lives and entertainment careers of Jamestown native Lucille Ball and her co-star husband Desi Arnaz through interactive displays, personal belongings and video screenings. Age 60+ $15, ages 18-59 $16, ages 6-17 $11; joint tickets with National Comedy Center available.
- 1 Northwest Arena, 319 West Third Street. features open ice skating, hockey, concerts and indoor soccer leagues.
- Roger Tory Peterson Institute of Natural History, 311 Curtis St. Is a national center for nature education named for the award-winning naturalist and author of a popular series of natural history field guides. Featured are nature exhibits as well as wildlife art and photography. Trails and a butterfly garden are on the 27 wooded acres. Call (716) 665-2473 for more information.
- Chautauqua Mall, Lakewood, NY.
- Alfie's, 986 Fairmount Ave. Known for great fish and amazing breakfasts.
- Forte, 114 East 3rd Street, ☏ . Jamestown, NY 14701. Eclectic American fare. Sushi. Homemade unique desserts.
- Johnny's Lunch, 966 Fairmount Ave, ☏ . Local fast food.
- Lisciandro's Restaurant.
- The Pub.
- Good Buffalo-style wings including at Wings ' Things on E. Second.
- Wine Cellar, 309 N Main St., ☏ . The epitome of J-town culture. Not to be missed.
- The Cherry Lounge, 326 Cherry St., ☏ . Awesome wings, great atmosphere!
|Routes through Jamestown|
|Ends at W E ←||W E||→ Randolph → Elmira|
|Dunkirk ← Fredonia ←||N S||→ Ends at|