It is located on the south-eastern slopes of the Mount Kenya massif.
Embu is one of the major trading centers in Eastern Kenya.
Many buses & minivans from:
- Naivas supermarket, Meru-Nairobi Highway, ☏ . 6:45AM-8:30PM. low price.
- Equity Bank, Siakago Road, ☏ . 24-hour ATM. Has a no fee Master Card/Visa Card ATM.
- Mathai Supermarket, Meru-Nairobi Highway. 6AM-10PM. lower prices.
- Eden Guesthouse, next to much bigger Baraka Guesthouse. Easy to miss the small door and the sign. Inside there are single rooms with common showers and toilets. Everything is clean and there is hot water, however, the rooms lack electrical sockets. The staff is very friendly and speaks English. Singles w/o bathroom Ksh 1000 (October 2018).
- Yoeligen Guest House off Embu-Meru Highway. Single double rooms with own bathroom. From Ksh1200.
- Chrish Hotel, off Embu-Nairobi Highway. single/double rooms with own bathroom. all rooms have Mosquito nets and Tvs. from Ksh1200.
- Gerish Hotel, Embu-Siakago Road. single double rooms with own bathroom. all rooms have cable tv. from Ksh 1500.
- Palmdew Highlands Hotel, Embu-Nairobi highway (opp the Piai center.), ☏ . single double rooms with own bathroom. hot water free wifi. has a swimming pool. from Ksh 1800..