The town consists of two main parts: central Meru, and junction town, which grew in the north, around the junction of B6 and the road to Maua.
There are minivans from
As this is a small town, you can walk to most places. Or if you prefer, there are motorbike taxis.
Banks & ATMsEdit
- Equity Bank, Njuri Ncheke Street. 24-hour ATM. Mastercard/Visa card ATM. no fee for overseas cards..
- Ecobank, Njuri Ncheke Street. 24 hour atm. Mastercard/Visa card ATM. no fee for overseas cards..
Malls & supermarketsEdit
- Mathai Supermarket. 7AM-8:30PM.
- Society stores, Embu-Meru Highway. 7AM-9PM. lower prices..
- Tuskys Supermarket. 7:30AM-10PM.
- Budget Supermarket, C91 Road. 8AM-7:30PM.
- Pig & Whistle, off Kenyatta Highway. Check-in: noon, check-out: noon. Single/double rooms with own bathroom. From Ksh 1500.
- Talya Suites kinoru Stadium Road. Twin room with own bathroom Ksh 1300.
- Becca Hotel kirukuri Street. Phone 254-713-297223. Very Clean Single double rooms with own hot water bathroom. TV in all rooms. All you can eat breakfast. good Wifi in all rooms. from Ksh 1600.
- Stemuki Guesthouse Kirkukuri Road (opposite barclays bank) single double room with own bathroom from Ksh 1000.