Nanyuki is in Southern Rift Valley, north-west of Mount Kenya.
There are buses and minivans to/from
- Nairobi (3 hours, Ksh 400) (Oct 2018)
- Nyeri (1 hour) Ksh 200 for a 14 seat mimivan.
- Meru (1½ hours) Ksh 280 for an 11-seat minivan.
- Isiolo (1½ hours)
- Nakuru (3 hours)
The railway line from Nairobi has been rehabilitated and daily passenger train are expected to return during the fall of 2020. However, travelling by train is still slower compared to taking the bus.
- 1 Nanyuki railway station.
- Mt Kenya Wildlife Aminal Orphanage. (Mt Kenya Safari Culb). 8AM-5:30PM. Ksh 1500 per person.
Malls & supermarketsEdit
- Nanyuki Mall, Nyeri-Nanyuki Road. 8AM-8PM.
- [dead link] Cedar Mall, Rumuruti Road. 8AM-6PM. The largest shopping mall in Nanyuki. Has a Chandarana foodplus supermarket.
- Chieni Supermarket, Market Road, ☏ . 8AM-8PM. Large supermarket with a fast food café.
Banks & ATMsEdit
- [dead link] Equity Bank, Nyeri-Nanyuki Road. 24-hour ATM.
- KFC, Cedar mall. 8AM-9PM.
- Joskaki Hotel, Lumumba Road, ☏ . Single/double rooms with own hot water bathroom. Has own bar and restaurant. from Ksh 800.
- Nanyuki 1950 lodge, Hospital Rd (near town center). Check-in: 11AM, check-out: 10AM. Double room with own bathroom and net and cable TV. Ksh 1300.
- Safari lodge, Hospital Rd, ☏ . Check-in: 9AM, check-out: 8AM. Single or double rooms with own bathroom. Has 38 rooms. balcony Ksh 1400.
- Jazza Pub Hotel, Lumumba Rd. Check-in: 9AM, check-out: 8AM. Double room with own bathroom net and TV, free buffet breakfast. Ksh 1700.
- Ibis Hotel, willy Jimmy Road (opp park), ☏ . Check-in: noon, check-out: noon. Single/double rooms with own bathroom. from Ksh 2000.
- Peak Internet Cafe, Lumumba Road (2nd floorBidhaa bora bldg). 9AM-9PM. Ksh 60 per hour.