The largest nearby airports are San Francisco International Airport (SFO IATA) and Oakland (OAK IATA). Horizon Air runs flights to the Charles Shultz airport (STS IATA) in Santa Rosa, with daily flights from Los Angeles, Seattle, Portland and Las Vegas. Driving there, most people use Highway 116.
Driving around Forestville is the easiest mode of transit. Traffic is rarely busy, and parking is abundant. A car will allow you to explore the mostly rural, but beautiful areas. One should take care along Pocket Canyon, and Maribel Rd though, as logging trucks are known for speeding around the very tight turns.
Although there are no designated bike lanes in the town, it remains one of the most popular modes of transit. As always, be aware of transit on the busier routes, and do not leave your bicycle attended outside unless locked up.
Walking is a great way to see the small town, visit the coffee house, and few local shops. Downtown can be walked from one end to the other in about fifteen minutes.
- Forestville Youth Park Parade, and Barbeque, 7045 Mirabel Rd, ☏ . June 5th and 6th. A weekend festival offering a parade with floats, barbeque at the park, along with rides and free music.
- Burke's Canoe Trips, 8600 River Rd, ☏ . Offering canoe and kayak rentals for trips up and down the Russian River.
Backyard, 6566 Front St, toll-free: . Hours are seasonal. Fall hours: F M 11:30AM-9PM; Sa 9AM-9PM; Su 9AM-8PM; closed Tu-Th. Brunch Saturday and Sunday 9AM-3PM. Monday is "local's night" with live music from local musicians
- Canneti Roadhouse Italiana, 6675 Front St, ☏ . Tu-Th 5:30-9PM; F Sa 11:30AM-3PM and 5:30-9:30PM; Su 11:30AM-3PM and 5:30-8:30PM. During the summer, "Tuscan Wine Tastings" are Friday through Sunday, noon to 4:30PM.
- Farmhouse Inn Restaurant, 7871 River Rd, ☏ . Th-M 5:30-8:30PM. This has been a Michelin-starred restaurant since 2004, serving dinner only. The property where the restaurant is located also has luxury accomodations.
- Tiny Town Cafe, 6544 Front St, ☏ . Local coffeehouse with handmade pastries and a record player.
- Twist Eatery, 6536 Front St, ☏ . Tu-Sa 11AM-4PM. A small restaurant with quaint, nicely maintained, lush patio seating.
- The Forestville Club, 6250 Front St, ☏ . The only bar in town; live music on the weekends. Pool tables and a jukebox, too. Reopened in February 2019 after repairs to the 100-year-old building.
- Farm House Inn, 7871 River Rd, ☏ . Luxury accommodations, including an on-site Michelin-starred restaurant. It's about two miles from downtown Forestville, so an easy drive but not a quick walk.
- Case Ranch Inn Bed and Breakfast, 7446 Poplar Dr (Off Mirabel Rd near downtown), ☏ . Small bed and breakfast
|Routes through Forestville|
|Jenner ← Guerneville ←||W E||→ Sebastopol → Petaluma|