The Fuji-Hakone-Izu National Park is a sprawling 1200 km² zone that covers Mount Fuji, the Fuji Five Lakes, Hakone, parts of the Izu Peninsula, and all of the Izu Islands. It stretches several hundred kilometers south from the Japanese mainland and covers an area of 1,227 square kilometers (474 square miles).
Mount Fuji is the tallest volcano in Japan and one of the three holy mountains within the country. The mountain and national park is a UNESCO World Heritage site and a part of the Global Alliance of National Parks. Mount Fuji is the pinnacle attraction of the national park with a summit of 3,776 meters (12,389 feet).
While the park is dominated by Mount Fuji, which is (in good weather) visible from all parts except the southernmost islands, the local landscape is in entirety volcanic. In particular, a number of the volcanoes on the Izu Islands are still active.
Flora and faunaEdit
Fees and permitsEdit
- Fuji Lake Hotel, 1, Funatsu, Fuji-kawaguchiko-machi, Minamitsuru-gun, Yamanashi 401-0301, Japan (About 10 minutes walk from Kawaguchiko Station.), ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 10AM. Guests can enjoy the view of Mt. Fuji from both room and bathroom. The chartered barrier-free open-air baths are also popular.
- Kozantei Ubuya, 10 Asakawa, Fujikawaguchiko-machi, Minamitsuru-gun, Yamanashi, Japan (About 30 minutes walk from Kawaguchiko Station.), ☏ . Check-in: 2PM, check-out: 11AM. A high class Japanese-style inn with views of Mt.Fuji and Kawaguchiko from both the bedrooms and the large bathrooms. The bathrooms also feature an open-air bath.
- Kasuitei-Ooya, 4025 Funatsu, Fujikawaguchiko-machi, Minamitsuru-gun, Yamanashi, Japan (About 10 minutes walk from Kawaguchiko Station.), ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 10AM. Kasuitei Ooya is contemporary Japanese style inn standing just on the shore of Lake Kawaguchi. It has renovated rooms with private open-air bath and observation bathroom. Guests can enjoy more hot springs than ever before.
- Fuji-View Hotel, 511 Katsuyama, Fujikawaguchiko-machi, Minamitsuru-gun, Yamanashi, Japan (8 min by taxi from Kawaguchiko Station.), ☏ . Check-in: 2PM, check-out: 11AM. The Fuji View Hotel stands just on the shore of Kawaguchiko. Guests can appreciate natural beauties including the garden in the hotel property. The garden accommodates gorgeous view of blossoms of over 300 cherry trees in over 99,000 m² (110,000 square yards).
- Shuhokaku Kogetsu, 2312, Kawaguchi, Fuji Kawaguchiko-machi, Minamitsuru-gun, Yamanashi-ken, 401-0304 (Take the Retro Bus Kawaguchiko Line to Kubota Kazutake Bijyutsukan or call at the front desk for a pickup bus.), ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 10AM. This hotel is located near Kawaguchiko and All rooms and hot springs have a magnificent view of Mt. Fuji. Guests can enjoy the beautiful Mt. Fuji changing its feature from season to season.
- Fuji Royal Hotel Kawaguchiko, 6713-22 Funatsu, Fujikawaguchikomachi, Minamitsuru-gun, Yamanashi, 401-0301, Japan (Take the Fuji Kyuko Retro-Bus and get off at Kawaguchiko Herb-kan.), ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 10AM. The most reasonable hostel with hot spring in the Kawaguchiko area.
- Yugawara, Manazuru — for hot springs and coastal resort, eating sashimi, views of Manazuru Peninsula, some festivals (Matsuri).