SR 82 and SR88 pass through Garrettsville.
The Headwaters Trail is a crushed limestone hike and bike trail that runs from Garrettsville to Mantua which starts near the old "Paul's Do It Center", or at the Village Park near the library. The ride to Mantua is about 6 miles.
- A total solar eclipse on Monday 8 April 2024 starts at 3:15PM local time and lasts 3 minutes. The chances of a clear sky are 35%. The track of totality is northeast from Mexico and Texas to Illinois, then across Indiana to Ohio and the Canada–New England border.
- Downtown Garrettsville. Has historic buildings and a boardwalk with a view of the waterfall.
- 1 Nelson Ledges State Park, on St. Rt. 282. has several hiking trails through the "ledges", including cliffs, crevasses, waterfalls, and rocky terrain, enough to keep hikers busy for a whole day. There is also a picnic area on the other side of the street, and the park is popular with locals. Not to be confused with Nelson Ledges Quarry Park, a privately owned campground down the street.
- Eagle Creek Nature Preserve, Hopkins Rd., Nelson Twp.. has a hiking trail through woods and wetlands, containing some relatively rare species of plants.
- Cellar Door Coffee Co, 8138 Water St.
- Nelson Ledges Quarry Park. is a campground at Nelson Ledges. NLQP is a rustic campground with no showers and very few facilities. In the past the place has been known for wild parties, but the park has calmed down in the last 10 years or so. The campground is around a quarry lake surrounded by rocky cliffs with a swimming beach, and is huge with many campsites. There are weekend-long festivals with live music which are great, but can be expensive. Going to the Quarry on off-weekends is cheaper, and still fun without the craziness of festival weekends. Sometimes on the off-weekends they have a lifeguard on a boat and allow campers to jump off a 30-foot high cliff into the water, so keep a lookout. Camping during the week or the off-season is a much quieter, more secluded experience.