Geonkhali is a village in the South Rarh region of West Bengal, at the confluence of the Rupnarayan, Damodar and Hooghly. The river is very wide and the view is breathtaking. It is in Purba Medinipur district and is about 130 km from Kolkata by road.
Reach Kolaghat on NH 6 (65 km from Kolkata) and take NH 41 heading towards Haldia. At Nandakumar crossing (26 km) take State Highway No. 4 to Mahishadal (10 km). Geonkhali is near Mahishadal (5 km).
1. There are buses from Esplanade to Nurpur just beyond Raichak. It is about 52 km. There is a ferry service between Nurpur and Geonkhali.
2. Travel to Bagnan (in Howrah district) by rail/road and take an autorickshaw to Gadiara. Alternatively, travel by bus from Esplanade to Gadiara. There is a ferry service between Gadiara and Geonkhali.
- Forest Department Amusement Park, Geonkhali.
- Water Treament Plant, Geonkhali.
- Mahishadal Rajbari, Mahishadal. There is a 16th century old palace and a 18th century new palace.
- Gopalji temple, Mahishadal. Temple dedicated to Lord Krishna built by Rani Janaki Devi in 1778.
- Ramjew temple, Mahishadal. Built by Rani Janaki Devi. The main temple is 90 feet tall.
- River bank. Walk for long distance along the river bank.
- Boat/Ferry rides. Take boat or ferry rides to Gadiara, Nurpur, Raichak or Diamond Harbour.
- 1 Triveni Sangam, Booking: Haldia Development Authority, New Administrative Building, City Centre, P.O. Debhog, Haldia, Purba Medinipur, West Bengal - 721657, ☏ +91 3224 255929, +91 3224 255930, fax: +91 3224 255927, firstname.lastname@example.org. AC & non AC Rooms, Roof-top cafeteria
- Bungalow of Irrigation Department, Government of West Bengal, Geonkhali.