Gillingham is the most northerly town in Dorset on the edge of the Blackmore Vale.
Five minutes from the A303, main route to the West Country from London.
National Cycle route 25 or alternatively the Stour Valley Way long distance path
Compton Abbas Airfield
- Infrequent local buses with very few routes.
- Star Taxis, ☏ .
- T A Taxis, ☏ .
- 1 Stourhead, near Mere, BA12 6QD, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. National Trust gardens.
- 2 St. Georges Church, Langham Lane. A thatched church built in 1921 as a memorial to the first world war.
- 3 The local museum, Chantry Fields, SP8 4UA, ☏ . M 10AM-1PM, Tu Th F 10AM-5PM, Sa 9:30AM-4PM. Free, donations welcome..
- Ecliffe Mill. and the river Stour
- Ascend Top Gear's favourite, Zig Zag Hill.
- Culver’s Farm Fishery, ☏ . Carp, bream, roach and tench fishing.
- Walk the Stour Valley Way which follows the river Stour from its source at Stourhead to the sea at Christchurch.
- Carnival processions in October. 
|Routes through Gillingham|
|Exeter ← Wincanton ←||W E||→ Stonehenge → London|