Grande Recife or Regiao Metropolitana do Recife is a metropolitan region in northeastern Brazil.
Grande Recife is comprised of the following cities:
- 1 Recife , the capital city of Pernambuco
- 2 Olinda , UNESCO World Heritage Site, home to Brazil's most authentic carnaval
- Paulista , home to Maria Farinha beach and Veneza Water Park
- Abreu e Lima
- 3 Igarassu , home to Brazil's oldest church and Latin America's largest collection of baroque paintings
- Itapissuma , where part of the Atlantic Forest Biosphere Reserve is located, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- 4 Itamaracá Island, home to beautiful beaches, the Ducth Fort Orange, colonial Vila Velha, and Engenho São Joao
- 5 Camaragibe , for a pleasant, bucolic escape (cooler microclimate)
- São Lourenço da Mata , home to one of Brazil's largest brazil-wood reserves
- Moreno , home to Engenho Moreno
- Jaboatão dos Guararapes , home to Piedade beach and the Monte Guararapes National Historic Park
- 6 Cabo de Santo Agostinho , home to beautiful beaches and colonial fortifications
- 7 Ipojuca , home to acclaimed Porto de Galinhas beach, voted the best beach in Brazil
Recife's Guararapes International Airport.