district in Grecia canton, Alajuela province, Costa Rica
Buses run more or less every half an hour from San Jose for about $1.50.
- Iglesia Nuestra Señora de las mercedes - Grecia is noted for its unique church, Iglesia Nuestra Señora de las Mercedes, that is made entirely of pre-fabricated steel plates painted red.
- World Of Snakes - Located only a couple of kilometers away from downtown Grecia. It's one of the biggest serpentariums in Latin-America. To get there follow the road to Alajuela. Phone # (506)2494-3700. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parque Recreativo los Chorros - This is a private owned park with two beautiful waterfalls of about 144 feet high each. This place has no restaurant and the restrooms are rustic at its best. Entrance is $5. Located in the Grecia district of Tac
ares. From the center of Tacares follow the north road to San Pedro de Poás for 1.5 km. Open from 8AM-4PM Phone # (506)2444-5958
- Reserva Forestal Bosque del Niño. This is the highest point in Grecia at 2500 meters above sea level. Perfect for hikes, sightseeing and camping.
- Taqueria Las Piras - Cheap and good Costa Rican junk food at its best. must try, located on the right side of the cental park.
- Mangifera Hostel.
- Hotel Mango Valley