- For other places with the same name, see Gulfport (disambiguation).
- 1 Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport (GPT IATA) (on the Mississippi coast midway between New Orleans and Mobile). It services American Eagle, Delta, United, and Vision Airlines.
Starting at New Orleans you will go east on I-10 for approximately 70 miles, you will cross into Mississippi. Get off I-10 at Exit 34A and merge onto US-49. This trip will take you about an hour and a half.
If starting at Mississippi's capital Jackson - Get on US-49 S at exit 47 A heading towards Richland/Hattisburg. Then merge onto I-59 S towards New Orleans/Gulf Coast. You will then merge again onto US-98 E at Exit 59, then take the US-49 exit heading towards Gulfport. Merge again onto US-49 S in the direction of Gulfport. This trip will take you about 3 hours.
To get around Gulfport you could rent a car. There are several car rental businesses at the Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport. Including Avis, Budget, Hertz, National and Thrifty. There are also taxi and limousine services, along with shuttles that will take you to and from your hotel.
You can go and see the white sanded coastal beaches that look over the Gulf of Mexico. These beaches are viewable from Beach Boulevard (U.S. Highway 90) there are plenty of places along the highway where you can pull over for picture opportunities.
- Ship Island Ferry - Leaves from the Gulfport Small Craft Harbor and takes you to Ship Island. Ship Island was named one of the top ten beaches in the United States by USA Today. This area is the perfect spot for picnics on the beach and for surfing.
- 1 Gulf Islands Water Park, 17200 16th St, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bayou Vista Golf Course, 13756 Washington Avenue, ☏ . This is a public golf course featuring 18 holes on 6,287 yards of green.
- 2 Island View Casino Resort, 3300 West Beach Blvd, ☏ , toll-free: . This includes over 2,100 slots, 47 table games it also features live entertainment every week and an extensive beer, wine and cocktail menu.
- Alston's Antiques, 2208 25th Avenue, ☏ . M–Sa 10AM–5PM; Su by appointment only. An antique shop known for its beautiful selection of antique dolls, clocks, furniture, primitives, collectible and antique slot machines.
- Crossroads Mall, Crossroads Parkway, Intersection I-10 & Highway 49. Crossroads mall is home of Barnes & Noble, Pier One Imports, Old Navy, Happy Nails and Nevada Bob's Golf, Bedding Plus, and other retailers.
Gulfport is famous for its seafood, fresh seafood is bought from the ports every morning including shrimp, snapper, tuna,flounder and grouper. Gulfport also has many Cajun, Southern and International restaurants that will suit every taste and help make your trip to Gulfport exciting.
- Catfish Charlie’s, 11419 Canal Road, ☏ . Th–Sa 5PM-9PM. Specializes in fried and flaky catfish, their chicken and side dishes are good too. They are known for their down south, family atmosphere.
- Emeril's Gulf Coast Fish House, 3300 West Beach Blvd, ☏ . Lunch: M-F 11:30AM-2PM; Dinner: Su-Th 5:30PM-10PM; F Sa 5:30PM-11PM. Inside the Island View Casino Resort, they supply a large amount of southern sea selections and are also known for their delicious desserts.
- Gulfport Elks Lodge No. 978, 1800 E. Beach Blvd. Bill Connely the Music Man every second and fourth Sunday, 2PM-5PM.
- Larry's at the Beach, 90 between Courthouse Rd. US and Teagarden. This attraction holds outside concerts on a regular basis.
- American Legion Post no. 119, 111 Courthouse Rd, ☏ . Art D'Lorio and the Sugar Mill Band perform on the first and third Sundays, 2-6PM.
- Best Western Beach View Inn, 2922 W Beach Boulevard, ☏ , toll-free: , fax: .
- Best Western Seaway Inn, 9475 Highway 49, ☏ , fax: .
- Courtyard Gulfport, 1600 East Beach Blvd, ☏ , fax: .
- Fairfield Inn Gulfport, 15151 Turkey Creek Drive, ☏ , fax: .
- Holiday Inn, 9415 Hwy 49, ☏ .
- Holiday Inn Express, 9435 Hwy 49, ☏ .
|Routes through Gulfport|
|New Orleans ← Slidell ←||W E||→ D'Iberville → Mobile|
|Hattiesburg ← McHenry ←||N S||→ END|
|New Orleans ← Bay St. Louis ←||W E||→ Biloxi → Mobile|