Harrison is located in Westchester County and bordered by White Plains, Rye town, Rye city and Mamaroneck. The New England Thruway (I-95) runs through the town (without any interchanges) as well as the Cross Westchester Expressway and the Hutchinson River Parkway. In addition, I-684 passes through Harrison and ends at the Cross Westchester Expressway and the Hutchinson Parkway.
Airports closest to Harrison, NY are JFK and LaGuardia. If you are flying in from somewhere local such as Florida, you can fly into Westchester Airport. One can also fly into Newark Airport but it is the farthest of the four.
When coming from the North on i95, exit 19 and when coming from the South on i95, exit 21.
You can walk around the town of Harrison. The most common way to get around is by car but there are taxi services available. Children often ride bicycles. There are various parking lots throughout the town and street parking.
There are many shops in the town of Harrison. If you are looking for clothing stores, the town of Rye has many and is about a 5-minute drive.
Harrison- Dunkin Donuts, Gold Rush Jewelers, Harrison Smoke Shop, Verizon
Rye- Victoria's Secret, Starbucks, Havana Jeans, Longford's Ice Cream, Shoes N More, Rhythm in Rye
Breakfast: Harrison has some wonderful restaurants. Stay away from the Harrison Bagel Shop because there have been cockroach sightings!
- TNT, 244 Harrison Ave, ☏ . daily from 7AM-4PM. If you are looking for a breakfast/ lunch place, TNT is a cozy space with a traditional diner-style counter and bar stools, and a small area in the back with a few chairs and tables. The diner offers cereals, eggs, toast, home fries, bacon and other breakfast staples. The friendly owners and waitstaff has garnered the restaurant a loyal customer base. With its reasonable prices, customers can snag lunch for under $5 and lunch for under $10.
- Sophia's Pizza, 212 Harrison Ave, ☏ .
- Pizza 2000, 337 Halstead Ave, ☏ .
- ReAldos, 125 Halstead Ave, ☏ .
- Amici's Deli, 127 Halstead Ave, ☏ . Located next door to ReAldos Pizza
- Taku, 371 Halstead Ave, ☏ . Chinese.
- Mount Fuji, 216 Harrison Ave, ☏ . Japanese.
- Trattoria Vivolo, 301 Halstead Ave, ☏ . Hidden gem in the heart of Harrison, located in an old cable car. If you are looking for an authentic, Italian dining experience, look no further
- Trinity Bar and Grill, 7 Purdy St, ☏ . Casual jeans and sneaker attire. Lots of locals.
- Uncle Henry's, 309 Halstead Ave, ☏ . Casual jeans and sneaker attire. Lots of locals.
- Anthony's Bar & Grill, 237 Harrison Ave, ☏ . Casual jeans and sneaker attire. Lots of locals.
- New York City is about a 35-minute drive from Harrison or about a 50-minute train ride. The Harrison train station goes to New York City on the New Haven line.
- White Plains – about a 20-minute drive from Harrison
- Rye Brook
- Rye – Rye Playland features rides, beach and boardwalk, swimming pool, miniature golf, and ice skating
|Routes through Harrison|
|New Haven ← Purchase ←||N S||→ Scarsdale → New York City|
|END ← White Plains ←||N S||→ Mamaroneck → END|