city in Kansas, United States
- 1 Sternberg Museum of Natural History, 3000 Sternberg Dr, ☏ . Tu-Sa 9AM-7PM, Su 1PM-5PM. Closed Mondays. Contains exhibits on dinosaurs, Cretaceous sea creatures, fossils, and fossil preparation. Admission: $9 for adults, $8 for seniors, $6 for children 4-12, free for children age 3 and younger.
- Buffalo Herd, W. Hwy 183 Alternate, ☏ . The city parks department keeps a small buffalo herd across from the historic Fort Hays. Admission is free to the public, but the animals can be aggressive if provoked, so be careful.
- 2 Fort Hays State Historic Site, 1472 U.S. 183 Alternate (Four miles south of Hays I-70 exit 157 on Highway 183 Alternate), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. W-Sa 9AM-5PM.
- 3 Ellis County Historical Society.
- Wild West Festival. The Wild West Festival occurs July 4th weekend. Events include a baseball tournament, a carnival, a parade, an art exhibition, and a fireworks display, along with numerous other activities. For a full schedule, visit the website.
- 1 Lewis Field Stadium.
- 2 Hays Aquatic Park, ☏ . Features water slides, diving boards, and a lazy river. $4 for single day, $35 for season pass.
- 3 Hays Arts Center, ☏ . Mo-Fr 10AM-4PM, Sa 10AM-1PM.
- 1 Big Creek Crossing. Shopping Mall.
- Best Western Vagabond Motel, 2524 Vine St, ☏ , fax: .
- 1 Hays Fairfield Inn, 377 Mopar Dr, ☏ , fax: .
- 2 Holiday Inn, 3603 Vine St, ☏ .
- Motel 6, 3404 Vine St, ☏ , fax: .
- 3 Comfort Inn, 2810 Vine St, ☏ , toll-free: .
- Tea Rose Inn Bed and Breakfast, 117 West 13th St, toll-free: . Restored 1909 home with breakfast served daily. Rates $69-120 per night.
|Routes through Hays|
|Denver ← WaKeeney ←||W E||→ Salina → Topeka|
|Holdrege ← Stockton ←||N S||→ Greensburg → Clinton|