prefecture-level city in Guangdong, China
The main language and culture of Heyuan is Hakka.
High-speed rail stations are under construction.
- 1 Heyuan Dinosaur Museum (河源恐龙博物馆), Nanti Road, Yuancheng District (源城区南提路) (near Guifeng Mountain 龟峰山. Bus routes 10, 113 and 118), ☏ . 09:00-17:30, no tickets sold after 17:00, no entry after 17:05, closed on Mondays. A small museum with a lot of dinosaur eggs. ¥30 (adults), ¥15 (children).
- 2 Guifeng Pagoda (龟峰塔), 8-2-40 Nanti Road, Xiajiao, Yuancheng District (源城区下角南堤路40-2-8号) (Between Heyuan Museum and the Heyuan Dinosaur Museum), ☏ . 09:00-17:00, closed on Mondays. On Guifeng Mountain. ¥5.
- 3 First High Fountain in Asia (亚洲第一高喷泉), Yuancheng District (源城区) (In the middle of the Xinfeng River, south of Chashan Park (茶山公园) and the intersection of Datong Road and Yanjiang Road. Take bus no. 10 or 13 to get to Chashan Park), ☏ . Musical fountain located in the urban area of Heyuan. Fountain show at 8PM daily. Free.
- 1 [dead link] Guishan Mountain (桂山 Guìshān), Xinfeng River Reservoir, Dongyuan County (东源县新丰江水库内) (About 20km from the city. There are special buses to the scenic area operating from Heyuan Railway Station. You can also catch a boat here from Wanlü Lake), ☏ , , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 08:00-18:00. ¥45.
- 2 Wanlü Lake (万绿湖 Wànlǜ Hú), 17 Gangzhong Road, Xingang Town, Dongyuan County (东源县新港镇港中路17号) (Bus routes 107 and 109. You can catch bus no. 107 from the Heyuan Bus Station), ☏ . 09:00-14:00. There is one boat every hour. The last boat departs at 14:00. A huge artificial lake which provides drinking water for Heyuan and parts of the Pearl River Delta. You can take boat tours, go swimming, or go for a walk. The area is green all year long. The standard charge is ¥192, which includes both the entrance fee and the boat tour.
- 3 Huoshan Mountain (霍山 Huòshān), Dongjiang Village, Tianxin Town, Longchuan County (龙川县田心镇东江村) (Special buses to Huoshan Mountain are available from the Longchuan Railway Station), ☏ . 07:00-19:00. ¥88 (standard entry fee), ¥115 (entry fee + glass bridge access fee).