- 1 Heyuan (河源; Héyuán) - small city surrounded by rain forest
- 2 Liannan - small Yao minority city amongst the mountains
- 3 Meizhou (梅州; Méizhōu) - in the far northeast of Guangdong, home to the Hakka minority
- 4 Dabu
- 5 Qingyuan (清远; Qīngyuǎn) - tourist city north of Pearl River Delta surrounded by mountains
- 6 Shaoguan (韶关; Sháoguān) - in the far north of Guangdong, home to an important temple
- 7 Yunfu (云浮; Yúnfú) - city in the mountains northwest of Zhuhai
- 8 Zhaoqing (肇庆; Zhàoqìng) - famous for its fresh air and the surrounding environment
Northern Guangdong covers the inland part of Guangdong and includes the prefectures of Yunfu, Zhaoqing, Qingyuan, Shaoguan, Heyuan and Meizhou. This region is less developed and industrialised than the coastal regions of Guangdong, with mountains, rainforests and communities of ethnic minorities.
- Wanlu Lake (万绿湖). Lake Scenic Area in Southern China is the largest artificial lake ( Xinfeng river reservoir ), storage capacity 13900000000 stere, because here the four seasons is green, everywhere is green and named lake. Water from the Guangzhou, Shenzhen in 200 kilometers, is called the" garden of Pearl River delta".
- High fountain in Asia (亚洲第一高喷泉). Heyuan music fountain is located in the urban areas of Heyuan Xinfeng River Bridge and the Pearl River bridge between Xinfeng River Center, completed in 1999.