Honavar (also spelled Honnavar) is a port town on the coast of Arabian Sea in Uttara Kannada in Karavali region of Karnataka. Sharavathi river flows through this town and joins the Arabian Sea. Konkan Railway's longest bridge, which is about 2km long, also runs through this town.
Get in Edit
Get around Edit
- 1 Apsarakonda (Apsarakonda Falls) (8km from Honavar town towards Manki). At Apsarakonda, one can get nice view of Arabian sea and beach from hilltop. There's also a small waterfall, garden and temple at this place. Can be visited enroute to Murudeshwar and Gokarna.
- 2 Kasarkod beach. The beach is about 2km from Honavar and about 5km long on the coast of Arabian Sea.
- 3 Basavaraja Durga Island (The island can be reached by boat from Honavar). This fortified island is 4km from Honavar. It has a total area of 19 hectares and an elevation of 45 to 50m and a temple was constructed by the ruler between the 16th and 17th century.
- 4 Idagunji Maha Ganapati Temple. Idagunji Devasthana is an ancient temple with a history of more than 1,500 years.
- Kamat Executive Inn, NH-17, College Circle.
- Areca County - Hiremakki
- Mayuri Shanbag Residency, #1849, NH66, Edapally-Panvel Highway.