Isolo is a multi-lingual area of Lagos. It is dominated by people of different ethnic groups - Yorubas, Igbo, and the Hausas. Most of the people who live in Isolo speak English language at least on average. Yoruba, Igbo and Hausa are also spoken by people of the ethnic group respectively.
Get in edit
- GIGM Buses, Cele/Okota Terminal, Isolo. 103, Okota Road. Longer distance air-conditioned bus services.
Get around edit
You can get around by boarding popular tricycles called ‘Keke Napep’, which ply most roads in Isolo. The price ranges from place to place and the price range is usually as low as ₦100 up till ₦300 depending on how far you are travelling.
Another way to get around is by taking motorcycles popularly called ‘Okada’. This is usually a one-way transport as it picks you from a particular location in Isolo and drops you at your location of choice. It is usually fast, as the riders know how to maneuver in traffic and avoid other hindrances that can deter them from getting to their destination.
Another way to get around, if you have enough money and you prioritise comfort, is by using popular car hailing companies like Bolt and Uber. From the comfort of your hotel, you book a ride, a driver comes pick you up and take you to your desired location in Isolo. It is usually more expensive than Okadas and Keke Napep, but it is very comfortable and comes air conditioning.
- 1 Oke-Ofa Memorial Arcade. Memorial to an explosion in 2002 in a nearby military facility, which killed around 1000 people.
- Temple Hill Supermarket, Ire-Akari Estate Rd. a supermarket for all your shoppings
- Taiwo Supermarket, NO 13 Ire-Akari Estate Rd, ☏ . M-Sa 8AM-10PM. In-store shopping. Curbside pickup. Delivery.
- 1 Aswani Market, Osolo Wy. Market for all kind of product
There are a lot of bars everywhere in Isolo where you can drink, and even most restaurants, hotels offer this service, so where to drink by tourist isn’t much of an issue in Isolo.
- 1 Neniv Hotel, Alh. Adekunle Bisi St. from ₦10,000.
- 2 Domus Mariae, St. Mary Catholic Church. from ₦6,000.
- Best Connection Hotel, 23 Mafoluku Garage Road Off Airport Road Oshodi-Isolo Lagos. offers a balanced blend of comfort, affordability and an added advantage of proximity to a commercial region like Oshodi.
- Florida Motel, 6, Fatai Irawo Street, Ajao Estate.
- Marblefield Hotel And Event Centre, 35, Seinde Carlisto Crescent, Off Oshodi, Apapa Expressway, Oshodi-Isolo, Lagos. Check-in: 2PM, check-out: noon. Marblefield Hotel and Events Centre is a top lodging facility elegantly structured and equipped to provide comfort to every guest.
- Emota Paradise, 3/5 Olufunmi Samson Street,Balex Bus stop, Isolo, Lagos. Check-in: 2PM, check-out: noon. Pool, bar and restaurant.
There is a fairly good network coverage in Isolo as most network are available ranging from MTN, Airtel, 9mobile and Glo networks respectively.