Jiuquan (酒泉; Jiǔquán) is a city in Gansu Province, best known as the home of China's human spaceflight program.
Subei Mongol Autonomous County is administered as part of Jiuquan.
The nearest airport is Jiayuguan International Airport in Jiayuguan.
There are two railway stations in Jiuquan:
- 1 Jiuquan Railway Station (酒泉站), Jiefang Road, Xidong Town, Suzhou District (肃州区西洞镇解放路) (bus no. 19). Serves regular-speed trains.
- 2 Jiuquan South Railway Station (酒泉南站), Gaotie East Road, Suzhou District (肃州区高铁东路) (bus no. 25). Serves high-speed trains.
- 3 Jiuquan Bus Station (酒泉车站), 47 Xiguan Road, Suzhou District (肃州区西关路47号) (local bus nos. 1, 3, 5, 9, 12, 21, 22, 25, 27 Inner Circle and 27 Outer Circle), ☏ . Jiuquan's main bus station.
Some possible destinations:
- 1 Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center. Closed to foreigners.
- 2 Drum and Bell Tower (钟鼓楼), Intersection of Dongda Street and Beida Street, Suzhou District (肃州区东大街与北大街交叉处) (bus nos. 1, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 15, 16, 20, 21, 22 and 25). 08:30-18:00, no entry after 17:30. Originally built during the 4th century AD, the tower burnt down in a fire in the 19th century and was rebuilt in the early 20th century. The tower is a richly ornamented three-storey wooden building standing atop a brick platform. There are entrances on each side through which pedestrians are allowed through.
- 3 Jiuquan Museum (酒泉市博物馆), 10 Panxuan West Road, Suzhou District (肃州区盘旋西路10号) (bus nos. 5, 7, 12 and 28), ☏ . 08:30-12:00, 14:30-18:00, closed on Mondays. Free.
- Guazhou melons (瓜州蜜瓜). A type of sweet melon grown mainly in Jiuquan's Guazhou County.
- Jiuquan Hotel, 33 Jiefang Road, ☏ , fax: .