Køge has some nice old squares (the central marketsquare is the largest townsquare in Denmark outside Copenhagen), pedestrian streets with cafes and small stores. The old harbour still has some atmosphere and a newer area with a marina and more modern restaurants.
- Køge Turistbureau, Vestergade 1, ☏ .
Get in edit
By train edit
Køge is on the E S-train line. It is about 40 minutes from Copenhagen
By car edit
Get around edit
Both the old city and the harbour is just a few minutes walk from the train station.
- 1 Køge Church or Church of Saint Nicolas (Sankt Nicolai Kirke).
- 2 Kjøge Mini-Town (Kjøge Miniby), Strandvejen 101, 4600 Køge, ☏ , , email@example.com. Kjøge Mini-Town is a historically correct model of the town from the year 1865 - built to a scale of 1 to 10. Price: Adults DKK 30, Children DKK 10..
- 3 Vallø Castle (Vallø Slot), Slotsgade 3, Vallø, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Vallø is a palace like manor located about 7 km. south of Køge. It is owned by a foundation (Vallø Stift) and there is no access to the manor. But you can have a picnic in the surrounding park. There is also a camp-site on the property
- 4 The Old House in Køge, Kirkestræde 20, ☏ . Dating back from 1527, this is the oldest dated half-timbered house in Denmark.
- 5 Køge Town Hall, Torvet 1, ☏ . Built in 1567, this is the oldest still working town hall in Denmark.
- 6 Køge Marina, Bådehavnen 2, ☏ .
- 7 Industrial Port, Baltic Kaj 1, DK-4600 Køge, ☏ .
- 8 Borgring (Borrering) (next to the E47/E55 motorway, near Lellinge village). The remains of a Viking Age ring fortress, one of five to be listed on the UNESCO World Heritage List.
Parks and nature edit
- 9 Gammelkjøgegaard, Gl. Kjøgegaard 9 (entrance from Ringstedvej), ☏ . W, Sa, Su 2PM-6PM. Park with lots of rhododendrons.
- 10 Køge Museum, Nørregade 4, 4600 Køge, ☏ , fax: , email@example.com. Price: Adults DKK 30, Children Free, Senior DKK 15, Groups DKK 25 pr. person..
- 11 KØS (Museum of art in public places), Nørregade 29, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Tu-Su 10AM-5PM. 40 Kr, below 25 20 Kr, below 18 free.
- 12 Køge City Historical Archives, Vestergade 26, ☏ , email@example.com. Sep-May M, Tu, Th 10AM-11:30AM, W 2PM-8PM; Jun-Aug M-W 10AM-11:30AM, Th 10AM-4PM.
- 13 Sjællands Veteran Traktor Klub (Zealand Antiquie Tractor Club), Lidemarksvej 45, - 4681 Herfølge, ☏ . sundawn-sunset. DKK 20.
- Football: HB Køge play soccer in First Division, Denmark's second tier. Their home ground is Køge Stadion 1 km north of town centre; its capacity has been trimmed to 1000.
- Zealand Round on Bike. This large one day/night amateur bicycle tour (distance about 315 km.) start and end on the central marketsquare in Køge.
- South Beach (Søndre Strand) (south of the city centre).
- Ølsemagle Reef (Ølsemagle Revle) (north of the marina).
- [dead link] Canoeing on Køge Stream, ☏ . Summer half of the year. 80 Kr per canoe per hour.
- Kapellangaarden Spa and Wellness, Kirkestræde 23, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Tu-Th 10AM-6PM, F 10AM-8PM, Sa 10AM-2PM. Medieval cellar offering spa with jacuzzi, infrared sauna, steam bath and shower. You can also have different kind of body and face treatments including massages. Full body massage 950 Kr, spa 395 Kr per hour.
- [dead link] Glow, Brogade 23C, ☏ , email@example.com. Jewelry, some handmade, primarily gold and silver. Also art and bags.
- Lammestrup Antik, Vestergade 5, ☏ . W-Th 10:30AM-5:30PM, F 10:30AM-6PM; Sa 9:30AM-1PM. Antiques including silver, porcelain, glass, frames.
- Køge Market, Køge Torv. W, Sa 8AM-2PM. Market with food, flowers, handicrafts, jewelry.
- Kinesisk Restaurant Zhou, Vestergade 20, ☏ . 4PM-10PM. Chinese cuisine. Buffet 99 Kr (F-Su 119 Kr).
- Arken, Bådehavnen 21, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Kitchen Su-Th 11:30AM-8:30PM, F-Sa 11:30AM-9PM. Mains from 168 Kr.
- Bossa Nova, Havnen 33 (Right at the harbour), ☏ , email@example.com. 5:30-9PM (F,Sa 11PM). Steaks and seafood, good atmosphere menu DKK 300.
- Café Vanilla, Torvet 17, ☏ . Café during the day, restaurant in the evening. Mains from 149 Kr.
- Restaurant Christians Minde, Brogade 7, ☏ , fax: , firstname.lastname@example.org. 11:30AM-10PM. Danish and Chinese cuisine. Mains courses from 148 Kr.
- Restaurant Elverhøi, Vordingborgvej 51, ☏ , , email@example.com. Pizzeria M-Sa noon-10PM, Su 1PM-10PM; restaurant Su-Th 4:30PM-10PM, F-Sa 4:30PM-11PM. Italian restaurant. Pastas from 77 Kr, meat dishes from 158 Kr.
- Restaurant Limone, Havnen 37 (at the harbour), ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Lunch only in the summer, dinner from 5:30PM, kitchen closes at 9:30PM. Italian restaurant specialising in menus from Toscana, Sicilia og Piemonte. Pasta from 119 Kr, meat dishes from 200 Kr, five course menu 385 Kr.
- Slagter Stig & Co, Carlsensvej 8, ☏ . M-Th 5PM-10PM, F 5PM-11PM, Sa 10AM-11PM, Su 10AM-10PM. Self-service brasserie.
The small brewery Bryghuset Braunstein is located on the harbour and their beer is served at many local pubs and restaurants.
- Hugo's, Brogade 19, ☏ . M-th 1PM-11PM, F 11AM-1AM, Sa 10AM-1AM, Su 1PM-5PM. Large selection of beers.
- Tapperiet, Søndre Badevej 1, ☏ . W-Th 4PM-10PM, F 4PM-midnight, Sa only if arrangement. Bar with live music.
- Cafe O'flanagans, Nørregade 22B, ☏ . Small Irish pub with outdoor seating during summer. The Irish theme is not very prominent and had it not been for the Guinness and Kilkenny, the place could be mistaken for a café. The beer selection is quite broad, though. Saturday nights can be quite hectic.
- 1 Cafe Vivaldi, Torvet 30 (on the main square), ☏ , email@example.com. Su-Th 10AM-10:30PM, F-Sa 10AM-midnight. Serves brunch, coffee, beer and other drinks as well as lunch and dinner. Outdoor seating during summer. Live music or DJ in the weekend. Coffee from 25 Kr, beers around 50 Kr, main dishes from 129 Kr, sandwiches and salads around 100 Kr.
- Cafe T, Nyportstræde 17, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Tu-F 10AM-6PM, Sa 10AM-5PM, Su noon-5PM (closed last Su each month). Tea from 24 Kr, coffee from 12 Kr.
- Cafe Si-Si, Havnen 17-19.
- La Fontaine Cafe, Torvet 28.
- Cafe Klein, Brogade 7.
- Bed & Breakfast Køge, Strandvejen 20, ☏ , , email@example.com. B&B in separate building with own bathroom and kitchenette. Double room 450 Kr, no breakfast.
- Bed & Breakfast Køge - Strandvejen ved Stranden, Strandvejen 87, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Rooms with television and shared kitchen and bath. Doubles 450 Kr, no breakfast.
- Centralhotellet, Vestergade 3, ☏ , fax: , email@example.com. The oldest hotel in the town, situated at the central square. single rooms 360-550 Kr, double rooms 720-820 Kr.
- Danhostel Køge Vandrerhjem, Vamdrupvej 1, 4600 Køge, ☏ .
- Comwell Køge Strand, Strandvejen 111, 4600 Køge, ☏ .
- Hotel Niels Juel, Toldbodvej 20, 4600 Køge, ☏ .
- [dead link] Søvilla Kro & Hotel, Københavnsvej 255a, ☏ , fax: , firstname.lastname@example.org. Traditional inn dating back from 1929. Also has a restaurant serving traditional Danish cuisine. Doubles without/with bath 520/590 Kr.
- Vallø Camping, Strandvejen 102, ☏ , fax: , email@example.com. Three star camping site open 27 Mar-3 Oct. Adults 70 Kr, children 38 Kr, site charge (only 21 Jun-15 Aug) 35 Kr.
Go next edit
- Stevns Cliff has spectacular views and attractions.
|Routes through Køge|
|Kolding ← Ringsted ←||W E||→ Copenhagen → Göteborg|
|Helsingør ← Copenhagen ←||N S||→ Haslev → Lübeck|
|Helsingør ← Copenhagen ←||N S||→ Haslev → Berlin|