Kangra is a town in Himachal Pradesh.
- 1 Kangra Airport (DHM IATA). At a distance of 8 km from the city centre by road on NH 154. Alliance Air and SpiceJet operate daily flights to Kangra from Chandigarh and Delhi.
Kangra is around 460 km from New Delhi. There are direct buses. All buses from Delhi pass through Chandigarh, which is 223 km (6-7 hours) from Kangra. Roads in good condition and there is no risk of being robbed. Its a safe place to visit.
Frequent buses run the 20 km up to Dharamsala (₹30).
The slow and exceedingly scenic Kangra Valley railway line from Pathankot stops at Kangra Mandir (several departures per day, ₹20, 98 km, 4 hr), which the main stop for accessing Kangra (and also Dharamsala). Don't get off at the preceding stop Kangra, which is on the wrong side of the valley. Once off the train at Kangra Mandir, follow the path, cross the footbridge, follow the path a little more to the cluster autorickshaw drivers. The drivers will ask ₹100 to get into town, although lower may ne negotiated. Some buses also travel direct to Dharamsala.
- 1 Bajreshwari Devi Temple (Mata Bajreshware Devi). A popular pilgrimage.
- Gupt Ganga Dham - is approx 2 km from the bus stand and approx 500 m from Kotwali Bazar. There is a swimming pool, and one can stay for minimal cost.
- 2 Kangra Nagarkot Fort. Situated approx 5 km from Kangra Bus Stand on Chandigarh Road.
- Sunrise Tourist Home - Nice, quiet and homely atmosphere with full view of the Dhauladhar range on one side and the mystique Kangra valley on the other. Call owner Atul Verma at 09816335360.
Kangra is alocal transport hub with bus connections to various places.
- Dharamsala - Home of the Dalai Lama and a sizeable Tibetan community
- Joginda Nagar - The other end of the Kangra Valley line, one of the region's many hill stations
- Pathankot - Regional rail hub, which connects the Kangra Valley line to the rest of the Indian rail network